EverQuest future wishes and dreams

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Risiko Augur

The quality of life wishes and dreams thread is great to see what people would want changed in the game to make the enjoyment and ease of playing the game better for them.

I thought it would be fun to have a separate thread to discuss what our wishes and dreams for EverQuest would be that are well beyond that of just quality of life.

Again, this is not Quality of Life changes. This thread is for the sky is the limit, money is no object kind of wishes and dreams.

Pretend you are the owner of the EverQuest franchise, you have all the money in the world to spend on the game, and you can have anything you want. What would you want?
  2. Risiko Augur

First and foremost, let me get the obvious one that will never happen in our lifetime out of the way.
    • Full dive virtual reality ala Ready Player One or Sword Art Online
    Ok. Now that I have that out of my system, let me get to the more obtainable ones lol.
    1. Pay for multiple EverQuest accounts, but only have to load the EverQuest client one time to play all accounts at the same time from that one client. In other words, ability to control more than one character (one per account) from a single EverQuest game client.
    2. Build new EverQuest game client built from the ground up on a current gaming engine
    3. /Follow that makes the followers just stick to you like glue
    4. All quests including Epics (100% of all quests ever made in the game) be put in the achievement system with check boxes showing the steps you have completed so far
    5. All quest drops are turned in to quest flags that get automatically set when the quest item "would have" dropped. Make it so that quest items do NOT drop anymore. No more searching through the drops to find quest items and hording them in your bags like a person on that show Hoarders.
    6. Ability to rent your own EverQuest server that is hosted by DBG and has the ability for you to go in and adjust most of the settings for that server, control who can access it, etc.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Referring to the proceeding post; I have often dreamt of a VR world in EQ, but when I consider it carefully I get very tired. What I mean to say is that the physical strain of even a simple sword fight can be intense. I have done only a tiny bit of fencing and it was exhausting. Perhaps a holographic conception could be more doable in the future with my avatar doing the real work of fighting and running through continents.

P.S. I am not familiar with the games cited above, so I can't really comment on how they handle VR.
  4. Risiko Augur

Ready Player One is a book/movie, and Sword Art Online is a Manga/Anime. Neither are games.

Ready Player One is along the lines of highly realistic VR sets where you would technically get tired like you are referring.

Sword Art Online on the other hand is based on the idea of plugging in to what they refer to as a deep dive headset that intercepts signals to and from your brain. You are essentially laying down on a bed in a comma-like state with a headset on while you are in the game world. It's pure fiction.

For the record though, if you like anime, I highly recommend Sword Art Online. It's a great series. Well... the first season was a great series.
  5. Numiko Augur

a 64 bit engine!...

I see NCsoft is doing "Lineage 2 Remastered" using the Unreal 4.0 engine, I know it will be a heck of a lot more work to do something like that for EQ, but one can dream!
    PCSS likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1. If the accounts are linked I'd personally I'd like to be able to play multi chars from 1 account upto the number of accounts I own. For example if I have 3 accounts I could play 3 chars from any of those 3 accounts, be it 1 of each, 2 of 1 and 1 of another or all 3 on 1 account. (all accounts would need to have the same expansion enabled and be all access)
    Angahran likes this.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

Sounds like you would like a lot that EQ2 has to offer lol.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

- Friends list being tied to the account across all DBG.
    PCSS likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Open world, no zones, with graphics like Skyrim :p
  10. Chorus Augur

I've been wanting 64bit for quite a while now as well as it would solve quite a few problems. Would be interesting to see a true multi-class system as well, but I think attempting to do that with a bard would be a massive headache :p
  11. Funk Augur

Didn't you say you were leaving? Now you come back to start another "Wishes and Dreams" thread?
    Did they delete your other one or something?

I even tried to recruit you to join guild on FV and you wouldn't even chat with me in game because you were worried about your anonymity, pretty odd I'd say.
    AcemoneyFV and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

pie fights1
  13. strongbus Augur

i like to see them do a sub class type setup. like the old FFonline games. you could main one class but pick a second class that you could learn a limit number/level of that classes skills as well.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Geese!

Playable geese even better, but I'll settle for annoying geese chasing off players. :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. bortage spammin lifetaps

new Plane of Mischief except Bozer the Bear (from old PoM) set his bind point to Plane of Knowledge to offer lowbies leveling quests that do not share a lockout with Franklin Teek's quests that bring you to different zones and rewards mediocre stat food for quest completion

Basically I feel like leveling characters need a boost and quests are a very good way to get people to set aside a bit of time every day to continually log in and chat, if only to complete their teek and possibly bozer quests once a day. Boosting kill xp would work, but I think giving people more obvious ways to group up for relatively short amounts of time is the way to go for keeping the community going
  16. Tucoh Augur

I'd make EQ completely open source and hire additional developers and designers.
  17. Salvanna Emberleaf New Member

Since you're asking for the "sky is the limit, money is no object kind of wishes and dreams" I'd have to say something along the lines of eliminating all classes as we know them (stay with me) and developing a massive skill/spell tree where you can put something akin to AAs as you level up. Think Path of Exile type skill tree but with restrictions. In no way could any one character complete fill the tree as prior choices preclude future options. Of course you could recreate a classic EQ warrior or necro or mage, but you could also make new hybrids beyond the rangers, SKs and beastlord types. Want a rogue with a mage's pet? a wizard that is skilled at dual wielding slashing weapons? imagine the niche options.

I think this would certainly draw players into creating so many new characters to test.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'd love to see an offical DBG version of magelo. View gear, Ach, augs in charts, make "chase profiles", etc.

Improve upon magelo's base features to include ACH and character comparisons of ACH and gear, even cross registered accounts.

Money no object? make it a phone app that runs parallel to EQ. View gear and etc while playing EQ rather than opening in game windows to view such data.

Sky's the limit? make the phone app completely integrated with EQ. Organize your inventory, sell off vendor trash, claim collectibles, and make trade skill combines out of world. Purchase items from an auction house or list them on a barter. Propose trades with other players from this app.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

What your talking about changes the very foundation of the game. While I respect your idea, I personally would not like to see it. I like the way EQ1 is designed in this regard.
    Yinla and Petalonyx like this.
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

Merge the shroud system and the merc system into one single system that allows the players to use their shroud as their merc, but when you have 6 real people and need a healer, the player can shroud into their merc.
    Risiko likes this.