EverQuest equivalent of WoW dungeons?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by lolersnacks, May 9, 2013.

1. lolersnacks New Member

WoW has many dungeons that have their own internal story line and lead on a small adventure of sorts. What is the equivalent, if there is one, in EverQuest?
  2. Dramatime Augur

I would imagine most people would say "missions/tasks" would be our "instances comparable to wow. To be honest I don't do missions nearly as much as I should so i have not given them their fair shot. Some missions are flagged behind zone quests before you can get them so you consider those "heroic mode" missions al la burning crusade era when you had to faction grind for keys... But less painful.

Now in wow you'd usually get about 4 pieces of gear to drop in the instance total one from each "mini boss" in the eq missions there is a chest in the end and you usually get 1 or 2 pieces I think. You also get currency from a lot of missions that you use to buy items from a vendor in that missions expansion IE dream motes chronobines and such these would be like valor points in wow.

HUGE downside to missions in eq is mission cool down is like 6 hours as opposed to wow it was like 15 mins from start.

Hope this helped some and apologize for spelling and such as I'm writing from my iPhone =(.

Drama
  3. Borek-VS Augur

Higher level expansions have group progression story lines, which would be the closest equivalent, across a number of tasks, and across many of the expansion's zones.

Although you also have similar story lines in older expansions, most of them in fact - but mainly for raids. From the epic quests, the faction groups in Velious and Luclin (although they weren't implemented fully in Luclin - grimlings, shissar, Vex Thal, Khati Sha, Katta, etc), then the raid sequences in PoP, LDoN, and so on.
  4. HAMsmith New Member

Any good guides on the various instanced zones/missions? In particular are there any that are good for level 65ish toons?
  5. Dramatime Augur

One of the major benefits of EQ is the VAST amount of content it has. However with that content comes the hard task of compiling it into a useful database. Allakhazam probably has an easy way to do it if you want to spend actual money. When you get high enough level EQ resources becomes the BEST database yet I think. The only downside is that this database is only useful if you are level 80+ in content such as HoT VoA and RoF. It would almost be on par with WoW's Thottbot or WOWHEAD. You can search items that would be useful for you and it will list what missions you can get that gear from or spawnable mob's in zones. I mean because when it comes down to it everyone in an MMO loves the "l3wtz".

I came back recently and I'm loving this game. But most of the time I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of wonderful content because I'm just not aware of it. EQ totally has the benefit of the more people you know the more you'll be up on. Someone in your guild might know some great and fun dungeon that you can do and if you get the name searching it up on ALLA will be free as long as you know the name of the mission or item that you are after.

LDoN's are right up your ally i think. The more LDoN's you do the more powerful your "adventures stone" will get. You can then place that stone into an aug slot of your Charm so it last's for a long long long time from what I understand.

I hope all this babble helped. When you end up getting level 80 things start to get easier in my opinion but no one likes to hear that hehe. Hope you find some missions you love to take that place in your instance missing wow heart and if you find some good ones let me know! =).

Drama
  6. RaceCondition Augur

LDoNs - almost all levels, but have crappy risk verses reward and exp. Missions are timed. Might be worth going for the dodge aug for a tank.
    DoN - Targeted for 70s; can yield some good augs that can be put into normal gear; like attack augs, proc augs, and a haste augs. Missions are more complex than the LDoNs.
    TBS - Targeted for 75s; More missions similar to DoN, but the rewards are gated behind faction/rep requirements. Rewards for each mission changed based on how often people are doing that particular mission.

There are also monster missions, but those are completely different.
    Deadlyne likes this.