Evasive, or Defensive?Damage interval list?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by durxll, Sep 18, 2017.

1. durxll Journeyman

Hi,Im on a TLP server, and Im looking for a list of what disc to use evasive, or defensive on certain raid mobs. I have read that it depends on the damage interval, and I have looked pretty well, and cant find a list.Cant anyone provide this please?

If for some reason you only have a list for kunark and classic that is ok, cause thats where I am atm.

THANKS
  2. Brohg Augur

The idea between swapping sometimes is that Defensive only works versus the "flexible" bit of mob damage, the DI, and not the DB. There were occasional bosses in those old days that had nearly none of that and almost all their damage came from hits close to their minimums (which would be high-ish). You'd go Evasive against those. Iirc, the last of them was in Vex Thal, the AoW clone with flurry-1k hits. Never hit for anything else, just endless strings of 1100 damage or so.

Anyhow, my memory's pretty great, but I definitely jettisoned that knowledge over a decade ago. You'll see pretty quick when you fight them which (quite rare) bosses Defensive doesn't help with.
  3. durxll Journeyman

Ok, thanks but there was an actual list compiled of all the raid mobs DI, and DB and the formula used to determine what one to use, and at the end which one to use over the other. This is what im looking for.
  4. durxll Journeyman

Im doing classic, and kunark mobs on the tlp atm
  5. durxll Journeyman

time locked progression server agnarr
  6. mackal Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...layer-melee-swing-damage.205395/#post-3016437

Brogett's formula is actually pretty accurate. NPCs don't do the PC_DAM part, and can't crit etc, but defensive only functions on the part that's "Random(1 to 20)*weapon_damage/10" so basically NPC's where "weapon_damage" (AKA steel warrior's DI * 10) is rather small, it's pretty pointless to use defensive. I know there is an ikkinz mob (doesn't matter for you) and I guess some mobs in VT, but I don't know which.
    Drusi likes this.
  7. durxll Journeyman

Ok, but even if the formula is correct how am I suspose to find out what raid mobs have what to even do the formula? Thanks though.
  8. Brohg Augur

If the damage per hit is highly variable, then use Defensive.

If the damage per hit is pretty darned consistent, then use Evasive.
  9. Lianeb Augur

There are no mobs that I can think of classic to Kunark that needed evasive

In fact I don't think it even entered the game till Luclin or maybe Velious.
  10. Lianeb Augur

Hell now that I think about it might have been PoP, but there are a couple mobs in Velious you would want to use it on.

I might be remembering wrong but classic warriors had no discs until the stamina / endurance change pretty much.
  11. Brohg Augur

That's not correct. Melee classes got discs at the release of Kunark.
  12. Lianeb Augur

I can neither confirm or Deny this statement I am just going based off memory.

A search of Lucy shows the DB only goes back to Mar 2002. Kunark was released Apr 2000.
    Evasive shows up in Lucy with all other Disciplines in the Dec 19 2003 Patch, which would put it after the LDoN release in Oct 2003, Prior to GoD in Apr 2004.

Also mentioned Here as new discs and abilities added to test server in a Dec 2003 patch.

Maybe it was called something else but I don't remember anything
  13. Brohg Augur

All disciplines level 51-60 were released with Kunark. Only "Provoke" line and Myrmidon's Aura were added later than Apr 2000. They weren't spells for Lucy to parse until Endurance was invented
    fransisco likes this.
  14. The real Sandaormo Augur

/cheat sheet off
    /learn as you go on

Isn't that what those servers are for , the "feel" of the old game?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

This is why I laugh at the old "Progression" server's.. And their claim of nostalgia when in actuality when I talk directly in game to people personally its just cause they missed this or that raid when they never played in its hay day. Yet come to the live side to ask questions ..
  16. durxll Journeyman

Yeah, let me go ahead and fight each raid mob 10 times with each disc up, and try to gauge which one was better. smh
  17. Brohg Augur

note that 1) you've already been told how to figure this out without such a lengthy process, and 2) fuckin yeah, man. that's how game knowledge is developed. Wanting to "play" a tank without putting the work in. "smh"
  18. Lianeb Augur

I see you getting alot of help here, should probably ask your questions in TLP they like that attitude
  19. Repthor Augur

Welcome to the tanking comunity if you expect us to help you then lose you attitude. Ppl have told you how to evaluate def over evasive this is alot better then some list of mobs that it applys to.

Give a man a gish and feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and feed him for a lifetime.

Cheers and welcome to the comunity, maybe you will learn some manners if its help you need. Nobody here owes you anything be glad ppl cared enough to reply
  20. Dre. Altoholic

Old proc code required the mob to land a hit for the proc to cast. So any mob with big proc damage you were better off evasive. E.G. Maestro, V'Ghera, Venril Sathir, Trakanon, Sontalak, etc. From a pure melee mitigation perspective the only actual high DB mobs I can think of are Kriz and dagger Devlin. I'm sure there are a lot more.

I also had good results with defensive proficiency + NTTB + evasive but that was many nerfs ago.