Ethereal Destroyer vs...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Jun 6, 2019.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Anyone know how Ethereal Destroyer from PoT, compares to other PoT weapons like Hammer of the Timeweaver, and ranger only 1hs?
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I recall the agro being hellish back in the day. Timespinner + Hammer of Hours beat Tempest for damage and bows are king until you get that combo.
  3. qweasy Augur

Ya those dual wielding clerics with ranger swords have always been massively OP. Don't understand how it hasn't been nerfed yet.
  4. Zephiron Elder

Kids should be playing with bows, but when do rangers know what is best...
  5. Zephiron Elder

If you aren't ranged you aren't right...
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you get the AA to increase nuke crits then the ED contends, but otherwise it's resistable and not competitive on a very micro level.

As a ranger, however, bow is 0 aggro and so easy to swap targets you just can't go wrong.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Do you need medical attention, like a stroke or something? I'm genuinely concerned for your safety right now...where did you come up with that?
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You also have an advantage in today's game of a fix on bad collision that ate arrows. With the nature of Tank and Spank events of the PoP era, raid mobs were corner tanked. The walls used to eat the arrows and you had to give up and do less damage and melee.
  9. qweasy Augur

..hammer of hours is only usable by cleric, druid and shaman.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's been 15 years since I raided PoP. It should be fairly obvious I meant Hammer of the Timeweaver.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The melee dmg AAs they added a couple years back now make it really hard for a weapon that relies mostly on proc damage to really be viable when you compare it to something with an actual good ratio. The ED was already kind of a noob trap even before those AAs and now it's just something you throw at the box bards.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  12. Tierdal Augur

how true is that when GOD hits w/ proficiency aa?
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Even more true because the GoD weapons are even better ratios.

If you are asking how the EDs compare to Time specific weapons with the proc AAs I honestly don't know but would wager plenty of krono that for any class with the innate ability to double attack it's not even close.
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

For anyone other than beast/bard it's going to parse worse than the better ratios available. For a beast in Time you'll draw agro and die thanks to the motm agro.
  15. Tierdal Augur

Interesting.

well I do know this - ED > the 0 shinais we have gotten so far :p

1 corinav hammer, 1 quarm hammer, 1 puresteel. (all dropped on the instance im not in yay)
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Fiery Staff of Zha or Staff of Transcendence should also do quite a bit better in that situation. Assuming those are dropping. It's really weird that they have the same ratio though considering where each drop but w/e.

I think people really sleep on how decent 2handers can be for monk/beasts.
  17. Boze TLP complaint factory

Plus fiery staff of zha can parse better than the time stick on raids thanks to how damage bonus and motm work.

FWIW though after pop (and I didn't get a good 2h then to compare parses myself) I haven't seen 2h come close to comparable tier 1h weps for a beast. Always around 10 to 20% behind.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

For anyone who can triple crit DD's, the ED isn't .. horrible. There are better options and you will get aggro from it... but I parsed pretty solidly with it in era. I would have preferred a shinai + timeweaver but the drops just didn't go our way and we got very few of those.

My biggest complaint is the "Ethereal Destroyer" ornament you can buy from the marketplace doesn't look anything LIKE it. I was very disappointed :)

Also, agree with Boze on 2h.. it was nice they gave bst access to punishing blade AA, but our lower caps on double/triple attack still seem to tip things in favor of dual-wielding.
  19. Tierdal Augur

I thought 2h for BST was pretty bad considering our innate skill setup and DW was king?
  20. Xeris Augur

i am able to be on parses consistently w/ a bst... (agnarr server); not sure if this is b/c other dps in raid are just bad or if bst can be good dps with staff of trancendence