Erudite Heritage Armor Flickering

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kaeladar, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Kaeladar Journeyman

I bought a bunch of Erudite Heritage Crate and was disappointed to find out that the armor is really buggy and not really useable in this state.

The leg pieces are flickering around the waist. For example Weltria's plate legs and Weltria's leather legs flicker red and gold. Tested on female wood elves, dark elves, high elves.

The models are made of 2 overlapping pieces of armor/geometry, one supposed to be above the other. On the model preview window, the bug is not present.

It looks like the lack of floating point precision is making the 2 layers of armor merge together and create the flickering because they alternate depending on frame and z-buffer state. That would explain why it doesn't happen in model preview. In CoV's western waste, if you go near the merchants at loc -4400,-3000, the flickering goes nuts and is really annoying. If you go near loc 0,0, the bug almost disappears.
    Andarriel and Silvena like this.
  2. Silvena *poke*

Sounds like any robe a caster wears. Including non-ornament. The ornamentation sets that have a skirt-ish graphic vs pants make it more noticeable. Be nice if that wasn't a thing. It's been grumbled about before, it's just been a while.
  3. Kaeladar Journeyman

I've played a lot of casters and never saw anything quite like it before. I've seen problems on armor but usually the problems are just ugly because they are consistent across frames.
    Here the flickering is very fast and annoying, I feel like I will have a seizure if I keep looking at it.
    Silvena likes this.