Error patching first time

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sketchz, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Sketchz New Member

First off, sorry if this in the wrong section, I'm new here.
    With that said I just tried downloading the game and saw some things with connectivity issues and all so I was wondering if this "Error" is because of those connectivity issues.
    [IMG]
  2. complexication Kassina

Yup, that's usually due to connectivity. While the game is relatively up for the most part, there is still some lag and timeouts, in this case - it's saying it's incapable of reaching the database housing the patch.
  3. Eluwenie Augur

I had this error when I needed to reinstall as well, make sure the files are in the correct folder, check your proxy settings, also (on my end) I had to enable 3rd party browsing, which I don't like to do, but EQ won't work without doing that on my end. Also remove your junk files, history, cache, temp files and clear out your registry (Some anti-virus programs come with a registry cleaner, or if you don't have one CCleaner is one of the best out there and it's free). It won't harm anything on your computer, mostly what I just do is go to my start button (Windows 7) type in the search temp and clear that, history as well as cookies. If you find this is still an issue, I would agree is a connectivity issue and for the past 4 days or so EQ has been up and down because of another hacker problem. So if everything I listed here and Complxication has helped as well. Best to wait a day or two and see if EQ can in fact be up by then.