ERROR 4-503

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mighty midget, May 5, 2016.

1. Mighty midget New Member

im a returning player, just finished dling the game overnight through steam.
    i got on the launcher, it patched logged in and started playing when thunder hit, shook the house up and power went out for a minute. turned everything on clicked on the launcher and i keep getting the same error over and over again: 4-503 connection error....i tried doing the fixes i saw on another post and now i cant even get the launcher window to pop up even tho it says its running.....

what is going on???
    gonna uninstall and try it again... this is really frustrating....
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah uninstall then reinstall. Who knows what got fried or scrambled in your computers main drive when the surge hit it. Have you turned your computer off for a minute or longer then back on? Sometimes something that simple resolves a ton of problems. Allows things to get back where they need to be in your computer like commands from the mother board etc. And try the install from official regular eq site, doesn't take long and seems to have less tech issues than people trying to use stream.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh by the way, that error is socket/module or connection related, not necessarily eq related. Could be a combination of your connection, your computer not seeing it right or just the modem driver got zigged a bit. That surge could have corrupted the eq files.
  4. Mighty midget New Member

Ah ok... well im using an old desktop (8+ years) that i just resurected from the closet after 5 years, with vista, and outdated internet explorer so i cant dl either version online... i ordered windows 7 from amazon, should have it by next wednesday...so until then i cant dl eq from this website... started the download from steam yesterday at 4:30pm and its at 20% LOL way slower than the first time... when work starts to pick up im gonna start my first computer build so until then this computer is just to pass the time, my internet is slow but loading the character select and loading in game was about what im used to which wasnt bad....
    also my comp was plugged straight into the wall, no surge protector so i think your right.... although my modem was... i mightve screwed my comp but its working fine atm