EQPlayers...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dristo, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Dristo New Member

Can we please please, pretty please consider bringing back EQPlayers; and perhaps give it a makeover - it needed some TLC when it was live, but it always felt kinda neglected / slow.

I really want to see as accurately as possible where I stand stat wise to my piers. Id even go so far as to say perhaps integrate a parse into EQplayers, giving users the ability to get fairly granular on what they want to compare. Could even compare your guild to other guilds too =D.

It might be just a pipe dream, but man do I miss it.
    Perplexed and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Aghinem Augur

3. eqzekisdead Augur

The eq dev team is so small that its a miracle they can hold the current state of eq together, asking for anything extra is ridiculous.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I do think at some point they will add more stuff to the /output which could help a 3rd party create something from it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Trong New Member

6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"I really want to see as accurately as possible where I stand stat wise to my piers"

Generally, you stand on top of piers, unless you want to get wet ;)
    Reht and Cakekizy like this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Magelo is horrible with all the stat padders.
    Perplexed and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Vanrau Augur

I believe they transferred everything over into SQL databases instead of using flat files so pulling information shouldn't be that big of a deal. You just need a web team to put all that together and that's probably where the limited resources comes into play and why we don't have EQplayers right now.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Exactly!! I know shortly after the Heroic stat revamp I browsed other Shaman's magelo's to get an idea of what others were doing heroic wise and all the top shaman just seemed to be padding the default stats it ranks us in instead of actually making smart decisions with heroics. Also not everyone stays up to date with there magelo, I know I haven't updated mine since before EoK released. EQPlayers was nice since I didn't have to remember to update it did it for me, and it also gave a better representation of what people actually use. I'm not saying people didn't pad eqplayers either but it didn't seem as common of a practice as it is on Magelo.
  10. Xikteny Augur

I like it when people are all "I'm the number one <such and such class> serverwide!," when that class has stupid default sorts on magelo. Not all classes have really poor default sorting metrics, but some of them do.
  11. MrMajestykx Augur

like "updating" melee belt with EoK belt and lose a major DPS enhancer for the sake of standing. I m certain Expanding Mind and no focus is much better for dps then Boon of the Seeress.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A depressing number of wizards on magelo have a stat-aug in their primary weapon, I doubt they actually play with that setup. :rolleyes:

Haha, My guild is the worldwide "top-guild" on the Guild progression list, due to alphabetically sorting, I am so proud!! :p
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I know you don't need help finding good shaman advice, but for posterity I find it pretty easy to just look for activate magelo profiles from top guilds like, uhh, Triton. And if I'm totally confused I can just go ask them why they're allocating stuff a certain way.

As for the OP: I think magelo, with all its faults, will work better than anything DBG has the budget to make.
  14. Maedhros High King

My experieces with eqplayers were downright awful. I remember it displaying me as about 15 levels lower than I actually was and in gear I hadnt used in years. Tried every different suggestion people gave me about how to "manual update it", or no "wait you need to let it sync automatically", "nah nah that doesnt work, try this".
    Magelo is a far superior product and shelling out $25 bucks a year is a bargain for the work their site devs have to do to keep that running.
    So what if people stat pad? If you cant beat a stat padder, pad. If youre more secure, use your natural stats and gear and rest assured that when people look they will appreciate your lack of padding.
  15. Triconix Augur

Or don't bother updating magelo, saving the $25 and let your gameplay do the talking.
  16. MrMajestykx Augur

but you have a magelo :p
  17. Triconix Augur

That I don't pay for nor have I updated since 2015. And the only reason why is was updated that recently was because that's when I joined IL and needed to update it for the app otherwise it wasn't touched for like 3-4 years.
  18. MrMajestykx Augur

simmer down Tri just having fun
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's because the EQPlayers feature had been unsupported for years, without actually going offline. That's why everything was years-old.

The people giving you tips for manually updating it were playing with you ;)
  20. Maedhros High King

No, there was an auto sync feature that you could toggle in the options window and there was a command to manually sync it, unless I am somehow misremembering this.