EQOA Please return to us!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ariothofclw5714, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ariothofclw5714 New Member

*not sure where else to post this, but a support representative suggested this..

I have been speaking with support rep's and spending a very long time speaking with as many people as I can about this matter and for years EQOA community and myself have been doing pleads across the board trying to get SOE (now daybreak) to bring back Everquest Online Adventures for the Playstation. We have specified that we have no intentions of asking for an upgrade or expansion right away (if ever) and we are willing to pay the 15 dollars subscription fee like before. We have communicated with the rest of our community and organized a petition signing (found here) (another one here) We also have a community support page on facebook (found here) We also have over a dozen videos on youtube (just goto youtube and type "EQOA", you'll see them) BEGGING sony(daybreak) to bring back EQOA. Keep in mind, this is a very simple task. (Cost's are covered by the community who pay the fee's through subscriptions) We have pleaded and begged for years now and we will not accept no as an answer. All we ask is that you bring 1 server (castle lightwolf) back.. We don't even ask for our characters back. Just the game, we are willing to start from complete scratch and give our support, even after all these years. Daybreak, the loyalty and dedication from this community is nothing like any other community you have. EQ and EQII do not compare to EQOA. The community is a united community that even after all these years stuck together in hopes to see a return of EQOA.

We have an understanding that you don't bring games back from the dead once they have sunset, but we've seen you do it for EQ for mac and other companies have done it a lot to reward their loyal and dedicated communities. Why is this so hard for you to reward us? We literally cannot find any mmorpg that even comes close to EQOA. None, we've played EQ, EQII, Elder scrolls online, World of Warcraft, we've played free realms, we've played perfect world, and soo soo many more.. and nothing even compares. Please Daybreak, you have a new name now, do right by this new name and reward your loyal communities! Please!

We have tried so hard to move on but this is an impossible task! Please read the comments on the petition, see what the community has to say! You at least owe us that. If that doesn't change your mind then you really have no intentions of rewarding your loyal communities and really don't care about your customers. Please, prove us wrong by returning EQOA to us!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you visited the links so that you can see what the community has to say.

*Just in case you don't click on the links. Here's what one of many of the comments on the petition says:

"I miss this game badly and the people as well. I miss my friends and those I considered enemies. That is what made this game an incredible life experience. I feel like I have lost a life long friend and all that is left is memories. I have not found another game to compare or keep me interested. I do not even game anymore because of this. Why waste your time if the game does not honor the commitment given. As a business owner I understand you need to make a profit. At the same time you want to reward those clients that are big and small because of the Loyalty they have shown. It would be a dream come true if they would allow a single server that people can start over on. A server that is self funded. I think we all have had those moment in our lives where something of value is taken from us and how it felt to spend the time and the emotions good and bad that we had disolve into nothing. Being a person that has had those moments, I know I would jump to make an event like this happen for other people. Especially people who have been so loyal and keep asking when they are told "No" on a continuous format. This is what this country was born on but at times this honorable action seems lost or not appreciated as it once was. It seems appropriate for a country that wants new beginnings and to rebuild, a startover in a way. Isn't this the time to do the same for EQOA?. I support a single self funded server that people can resurrect there EQOA lives on. People used to have the power but now it is in the hands of a few. It would be something to cheer(Frost) for if those with the power made this happen.. Kind regards, Aegon"
    Fessor111 likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well daybreak has said they want to do more console stuff so who knows.
    ariothofclw5714 likes this.
  3. ariothofclw5714 New Member

If they did this, not only would the community be super enthused and satisfied, But also regain all the trust and loyalty that we've lost over the years from them depriving us of our game. (Even with that loyalty lost, we still have more loyalty for them than most people)
    Fessor111 likes this.
  4. Kolani Augur

As I understand it, the main reason that EQOA is gone is because the game's netcode is incompatible with the PS3 and couldn't be made forwardly compatible.
  5. ariothofclw5714 New Member

so leave it on ps2. everyone that played eqoa didn't care that it was on ps2 or that it had poor graphics. we just loved playing the game the way it was
  6. ariothofclw5714 New Member

So many of us had spoke in council meetings about what we would do if there was a return of eqoa and some of the responses were breathe taking. One was "If they brought EQOA back, honestly, I would be so happy that I would buy 3 playstations and accounts and play every second of my spare time!"

Another one was "I don't know how I would feel. When they shut the servers down, my anxiety and depression spiked like crazy because EQOA was my escape from reality. Now, I have to face reality with no escape because all these other MMO's suck and don't feel like home the way EQOA did!"

Daybreak, if this doesn't seem like lost souls to you, then I don't what would.
  7. ariothofclw5714 New Member

I really hope this gets through to Daybreak! Please give us our game back!
  8. Starrla New Member

I must say I really love your enthusiasm to play EQOA. I know it is not the same as the PC version however I hope you are not upset or mind me for saying but I hope you have given the PC version a try because to have a dedicated player such as yourself love the PC version like you do the EQOA version, would be awesome. There is always room for one more of those players in the PC version. :) Maybe you already play the PC version and like to play all versions. *thumbs up* Either way, I hope they can make it console compatible again someday for you.
  9. ariothofclw5714 New Member

thanks! and I have played the pc version it was decent but my first ever mmorpg was eqoa and it was perfect fr everything wanted and want. the game was the best mmorpg i ever played and nothing will replace it that's why I'm hoping they bring it back
  10. Kolani Augur

That's the problem. The PS2 is no longer in production. If it could be moved to a platform that still supported it and didn't have a dwindling user base and decreasing presence of space on store shelves, it probably would be.
  11. ariothofclw5714 New Member

Ps2 are no longer on shelves of stores but are everywhere else. ebay, amazon, local pawn shops. thats the least of the worries.
  12. ariothofclw5714 New Member

Please, I would really like to see some feedback from daybreak! I'd really love to get this game back and so wouldn't 1,000 other people.
  13. ariothofclw5714 New Member

Even with complications such as Playstations not being sold anymore or netcode issues. There is no legit reason not to bring this game back and yet, instead of replying at all, daybreak employees just simply ignore the situation overall. This is a very pathetic way to respond to a loyal community. I understand that the answer most likely would be a no and we would have to keep fighting to get our game back and we are prepared to do so. But it's kind of disappointing and really pathetic that we can't even get a simple no from employees. If you do not want to reward your loyal and dedicated communities then this proves that all you truly care about is the money end of business. Really sad to see such good companies let down a community of a thousand people (or more) just because returning the game to us wouldn't bring in money, like a Grand Opening of a brand new game would. Really disappointing daybreak.
  14. Roshen Brand Manager

Petitions for EQOA (or any game) are not appropriate for these forums.
    Brudal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.