EQN Landmark: Plant Your Flag. First.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Piestro Augur

Senior Producer Terry Michaels explains the three available Founders’ Packs: the Settler Pack, the Explorer Pack, and the Trailblazer Pack.

The Settler Pack is available for $19.99 and includes unlimited Closed Beta access, a Founder's Pickaxe, an exlusive title, and more! Settlers will receive these items on or before March 31, 2014.

The Explorer Pack is available for $59.99 and includes all of the items in the Settler's Pack as well as Alpha Access, exclusive outfits, and more! Explorers will receive these items on or before February 28, 2014.

The best value is the Trailblazer Pack, available for $99.99. This pack includes everything included in the Settler Pack and the Explorer Pack, as well as additional exclusive outfits and other items! Additionally, trailblazers will get their name in the EQN Landmark credits, shareable Time-Limited Beta Keys to share with friends, and more benefits!

Are you a true Trailblazer? Visit www.eqnlandmark.com and buy your Founder’s Pack today!
  2. Axxius Augur

Wait... This is not EQNext, right? Landmark is a world building game, like Minecraft.

Beta is not an open beta? $20 to Beta it? $60 to Alpha?

Love you, guys, but the size of that elephant in the room.................
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

"you also get the master craft bracer, a must have for the serious crafter"

So if you're a serious crafter you only have 2 options: pay $99.99 or don't play at all.
  4. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

What about system requeriments? I would like to buy a pack, but not even sure if Landmark would even run on my pc... (Everquest runs just fine for the most part, maybe choppy on a few "new" zones, but...)
  5. Piestro Augur

We haven't finalized system requirements yet. I'd try running Planetside 2 to see how it runs, although this is not a promise of anything (just the most comparable of our games).
  6. Piestro Augur

That's a bit of wordplay by a writer, not a "you have to have this bracer to craft".
  7. Zorasis Lorekeeper

Streaming allowed in alpha / beta ?
  8. Mojoslinger Elder

Hey Piestro :) Will there be upgrade options for this? like if I buy the Explorers Pack could I pay the difference and upgrade to the Trailblazers Pack at a later date?
  9. forever_quester New Member

Confused by various interpretations of this update. Is this EQNext, or EQNLandmark, or Landmark, what's the difference or are they all referencing the same?
  10. Tobynn Augur

SOE touts Landmark/Next as revolutionary -- games that will redefine the genre. Soliciting alpha/beta testers for cash outlay doesn't sound revolutionary. It sounds desperate, and it sounds like yet another thoroughly predictable SOE cash grab. You can plant a flag in that.

I am sensing a little Vanguard deja vu.
    beryon likes this.
  11. forever_quester New Member

Ok, I took a minute to read and figure these out. Cynic attack imminent.

Apparently Landmark is a game for which customers pay $ony to access, and in turn those customers use the Landmark engine to create game world elements. I expect $ony retains ownership and intellectual property rights to all creations in their world. Thus, customers pay $ony for the privilege of creating content that $ony could ultimately sieze and implement in EQ Next or other games without compensation or royalties to the customer.

Sound about right?
  12. Axxius Augur

Landmark is indeed a world building engine for EQNext, and anything created in Landmark can be put into EQN. They already mentioned that player-created content from Landmark will be used in EQN. The legal/commercial details are not clear though. They mentioned Player Studio-like stuff, i.e. you can build a very nice house in Landmark and then other people can buy copies of it, and you get royalties. But not sure about the larger scale, if you create a whole area for EQN.
  13. Piestro Augur

Once we pass closed Beta it will be allowed. Alpha and closed beta require an NDA.
  14. Askyn New Member

Will any of these perks be carried over into the "Live" EQNext game? or only in the Alpha / Beta?

And if they DO carry over, which ones?

Thank you.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If those outside US can design stuff for Landmark, why can they not design stuff for EQ through Player Studio ?
  16. Pukk New Member

From what has been said of course they didn't say anything about the stuff they would use but other people use the player made stuff will get royalties, I am assuming you would for the stuff that makes it into the game as well, but then as I said they didn't say anything about paying royalties for the player made stuff that they use. Maybe your supposed to expect your hard work being in a multinational game is supposed to be reward enough.
  17. Jaramide New Member

Don't really get all the hate. If you don't want to pay then you can either wait for open beta or sign up for the free closed beta invites. The founder program is for people who want even earlier access and aces to the perks which will carry over into open beta and release.
    Is it a cash grab? Sure it is but as always you vote with your wallet. If you think it's worth it you can pay otherwise you can just wait. Up 2 you.
  18. Meco New Member

Kinda curious, if we get the trailblazer pack, and the bracer with it, do they carry over to the EqNext game. Or are they only for landmark. Can you give us any insight into what will carry over to EQnext from landmark related to our accounts? Like beta access, items, bonues, etc?

Thanks!
  19. blahblah Journeyman

Same here. I R CornFused....
  20. Tobynn Augur

Landmark and Next are separate worlds. Landmark is not Norrath v2. Next is not Landmark v2, although Next will reportedly implement creations from the Landmark world. Regarding the items acquired by paying for alpha/beta access to Landmark, expect nothing to "carry over" -- that would be akin to carrying items from Free Realms into Planetside2.

Expect the opportunity to pay again for alpha/beta access when Next reaches that stage, and at that point get some new items for your new cash.

I have encountered a great number of players in game that are under the impression Landmark and Next are in fact the same thing. Certainly doesn't help that SOE marketing is using iconography that references both games within a single logo.

Landmark is a world-building app and not a full-scale MMO. Next is the Norrath you are looking for ...

This recent Gamespot article is a good read.