eqhardware.ini

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MrGee, Jun 16, 2014.

1. MrGee New Member

Hello,

I am trying to find the file eqhardware.ini in the EQ directory but am not able.

I have set my options in my OS to show hidden files and to show file extensions.

Please advise.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

What is prompting you to locate the file? It is not created until you have either hit Play and log to the server side(iirc), or before hitting Play, click on Advanced Tools (lower left corner, then click on Game Configuration (a pre config tool).

Exactly how are you getting to your EQ folder? Instead of drilling down through my computer/etc, especially if you used the default install, click on the Advanced Tools on the Launchpad, then click on Open Game folder.
  3. MrGee New Member

Display options are not choosing the correct video card.

I have Nvidia control panel set to use my Nvidia card but in-game options still show my integrated Intel card.

Another thread suggested deleting eqhardware.ini which worked for the OP.

I've both manually browsed to and used the Launchpad option to look for it to no avail.
  4. Yther Augur

I don't think the game uses that file any more. At least I never see any new ones created. It was a legacy file that could be the cause of problems. Hit the gears on the bottom left of the patcher, select Game Configuration. A new window will come, select the correct display on there.

Yther Ore.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

My bad, I misread eqhardware.ini as eqclient.ini /smacks self. (very long day) As Yther said it is a legacy file put its primary purpose was to suggest what options to use/not use with game configuration program (OptionsEditor.exe)

As for the in game options it will show the original primary card, built-in motherboard integrated card, even if the game is using the nvidia card. There are several programs that will let you see what the card is doing, such as MSI Afterburner.

What you can try to do is to set in the Nividia control panel, set Power Management Mode to Prefer Max Performance.

[IMG]