eqgame.exe

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jael, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Jael New Member

Help! My AVG antivirus program deleted the eqgame.exe folder due to some kind of innocuous virus. 1) how do I get my eqgame.exe back and 2) how do I stop this program from deleting my files. (it also deleted another app I wanted to keep). Thanks in advance! Jaelithian Level 105 Wizard, Tunare
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

most virus programs move the items to Quarantine

do a google search for
    Restore or remove file avg quarantine

this is not a AGV board you might look for one to use your program
  3. --Voodoo-- Augur

Assuming you are using AVG Free (probably applies to paid version too, but can't say for sure), go to options and click Virus Vault to see a list of quarantined items. You can restore them from there.

Also under the options menu, go to Advanced Settings, then Exceptions in the left window pane. Add an exception for your EQ folder. This will exclude the folder from further scans.
  4. Jael New Member

Thank you for your answers. The EQ folder in AVG says it has a "IDP.ALEXA.51 virus. It is defined as a non-specific on AVG...should I go ahead and exclude it?
  5. --Voodoo-- Augur

A quick Google search reveals a number of reports suggesting that it's a false positive. However, AVG seems to insist that it's potentially dangerous. "Better safe than sorry" should apply here.

Make sure your virus definitions are up to date, restore the file, and scan it again. If possible, even try scanning with a different AV. If you keep getting a detection, probably best just to re-download the file.