Eqgame.exe (32 Bit) Not Responding

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Poyzen Frawg, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Somehow related to my internet connection. When using certain ISPs, my eqgame.exe stops responding when I try to enter the world or zone. It takes at least 2 attempt to play. Once to crash and once more to get in. Also, crash when zone, re-log in to play in new zone.

If I wait long enough, I get kicked to the server select screen. At this point, I have to close EQ completely because the game thinks I'm already in the world and I'm an imposter trying to get in.

Can't the programmers fix this? What kind of data can I provide to help you help me?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

First, eliminate some variables. Try using your cell phone hotspot as your primary internet connection. Does the problem follow you?

What operating system? Is it up to date? Drivers up to date? BIOS up to date?

Are other games, websites, services having connectivity issues?

Are other computers or devices having connectivity issues?

You say certain ISPs - which ones? Are these all ISPs you purchase service from? What type of connection are these ISPs providing? Is the connection stable? Have you run ping tests? Speed tests? Jitter? Packet loss?

Just a couple questions...
    Skuz and Metanis like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you are playing via Wireless connection try Wired Ethernet, many players find wireless connections are rubbish for online games and that is a common source of connection problems like this one.

Other connection issue related stuff you can try:

Power cycle your router & modem -
    Switch off for 60 seconds then back on.

Add launchpad.exe & eqgame.exe to the exceptions or white-list for your anti-virus & firewall - especially if you are using Windows Defender as this is known to often block connections to EQ.

Reset your Internet Options:
    Even if you use Firefox, Google Chrome or another web browser to surf the internet, the LaunchPad runs off of Internet Explorer settings. Follow these steps to reset your Internet Options which may improve LaunchPad performance.

Go to Start, then your Control Panel.
    Click on Internet Options.
    Click on the Advanced Tab.
    Click on Reset.
    Check the box Delete Personal Settings, and then OK.
    Go back to Internet Options to the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk".
    Click OK.

Clear the LaunchPad Cache
    Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete the launchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.

Flush DNS (reset internet connection)

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
    Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
    Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
    Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
    Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
    Restart the computer.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I sure do wish technical support or a developer or someone whom I'm PAYING (sort of) to help me would help.

This eqgame.exe stops responding issue is OLD and ANNOYING.
  5. Gialana Augur

Is this only happening when you've camped out in an instanced zone (like a guild hall)?