@EQDevs ~ Promotion / Date for Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by steiner, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galleyan Augur

Personally not a fan of the "let's start a rumor..." phase. Considering their idea of "official notice" is, typically, 2 or 3 weeks at best... Why bother hyping something up MONTHS ahead of time? Hype dies. Fast. Especially for this kind of thing.
  2. Typucm Elder

the best option to access the server at the beginning of may :)
  3. Kywen Augur

I need two or three weeks notice to get time off also, so hoping the Agnarr launch isn't a last minute surprise.
    Reht likes this.
  4. steiner Augur

Seems like most of us feel the same way. Please promote this server so the community can be strong and get what it's asking for.
  5. Haladan Lorekeeper

At least a narrower estimate would be much appreciated. "Early summer" could mean anything from like May to July. Something like "late May" or "early June" would be something people can work with. And everyone won't be forced to check the boards every day to see whether there is any news, because plenty will stop doing that after a couple of weeks.
  6. Nuther Augur

Yes, I would take a few days off from work also. Would be good to know at least what week is planned. If this server works out, then I could be on it for 2 or 3 years until my 8 slots get full.
  7. Draekon Elder

They said early or mid summer before
  8. Deadshade Augur

Well I have been out of EQ for 13 years and I was informed about Ragefire release by DB mail to me a few (I think 2 but not sure) weeks before the release .
    For returning ex EQ players who were the majority on RF this is certainly a good timing .
    If it was more than 1 or 2 weeks before release, I would have certainly not subscribed and forgotten about the mail and EQ alltogether .

I guess they will do the same thing for Agnarr because the new/returning players are their main target so they will send out their mails 1 or 2 weeks prior to launch and I willl probably return again for a ride .
    Basically Classic&Kunark and perhaps a bit into Velious but not sure .
  9. ayoforYayoh Augur

I have a metric -ton of PTO i'm needing to burn when this goes live. Any form of an official date other than "Summer" will be greatly appreciated.

about to get real
  10. Razzle Augur

Roger that!
  11. Tehsid67 Journeyman

I think I click the browser refresh button at least 738 times a day on this forum, hoping a Release Date is announced, and i just need to refresh the page ONE MORE TIME!!!1.

I have also redone my UI at least a thousand times, to create the config files for my characters on Agnarr. My wife thinks I'm nuts when she looks over, and sees me with my face 2 inches from my monitor, squinting and trying to get every UI window lined up perfectly.

DBG seriously needs start doing some announcing for this server!
    Haladan likes this.
  12. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Players will need to go out and advertise this server to help spread the word. I doubt Daybreak is going to do much to market it outside of the Daybreak website. I've put a little section on the front page/right side of Allakhazam to help advertise for the server.
  13. Kinlin Lorekeeper

Hahaha I sit here at work refreshing this forum all day too!! Just waiting for something or anything to be announced. I dont care if it is a release date or not (well I'm dieing for a release date actually, like everyone else) just want them to start talking about it more!
  14. steiner Augur

yeah i refresh every hour, too. its like christmas and making me feel young again. ive always waned a shaman but get to oasis and see ppl who cant tank and reroll a sk, every time. this time im going to push on through because shammies are decent as they get to higher lvl.

@eqdevs you are driving us crazy but also keeping a lot of ppl in the dark. wouldnt take more than a day to advertise this and start the ripple effect. please?
  15. steiner Augur

soooo...this week or next week on that date?
  16. Ticino Journeyman

Be fun if they decided against launching the server. With all the posts going on, imagine the hate.
  17. Phantom Ghost Augur

Odd how most think the server is for more casual players yet everybody wants to burn PTO for launch... seems a bit odd to me.
  18. Basak Augur

Yeah, it is already silly to take time off for a game, but for a server that is clearly aimed at casual gamers is even more so.
    Xanathol likes this.
  19. Lankie Augur

Exactly, this server is not aimed at people who book time off work, announce it 1 day before it opens and let a stream of casual players gradually trickle in to keep all levels of this game busy.
  20. Cart New Member

I’m hyped for the server start and want the announcement as soon as possible. I agree totally that it is aimed at the more casual players (I believe a lot of hard core people will start on the server but it will be the casuals that will still be here in 2 years).
    The reason I’m excited to get the start date and get going is not so I can spend 10 hours a day for 3 weeks leveling, but just to get started. I will probably only create my characters the first day, but I need start date and time to increase my chances of getting my character names. Later that week I’ll group up with people for a couple of hours and have fun. I will definitely be casual. However, I want to find out if I get my characters names; learn what characters I’m going to be leveling for the next several years (I’m still thinking it might be a game day decision on race/class as I contemplate going evil this time), find out which guild I end up joining, see if many of my friends from other games join this server, etc. There are so many things involved in wanting to get started on the server and none of those have me on a raid attempting to kill Vox in the first week or even first couple of months.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.