eq1 reboot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quseio, Aug 26, 2013.

1. quseio Augur

Anyone else think its about time? reboot with eqns voxel and ai tech keep everything else camps raids and such. Keep a version of the originals to visit if you want but everyone starts by default in the reboot.

And not just a zone reboot lvls and aas as well maybe a few new spells and stuff here and there everyone that plays in the reboot starts as a lvl 1 maybe vets get some sort of small bonus for time played and expansion wide quests done. Id really like to see some zones fleshed out more like the temple of solusk ro would be a major quest area, cazic would be a high end raid area in some spots and a high end group zone.

The planes would not be fought for a long time save that for a few years at least, and dragons not right away , oh you might face a challenge of theirs or their minions. I just dont want what happend in eq to happena again fast uber mobs like dragons and gods become laughably trivial so soon. such uber mobs should lvl with the game over time with new challenges and new loot

Now people could still play their old characters as the exist today but they would have no effect on the reboot areas except for expansion wide quests like bic which net some sort of shiny for decoration

I would have it based on antoinica fill in the entire continent before going elsewhere
    Iksar would have a tiny settlement off of ro and have lots of spy and sabotage type quests

I think frogloks would unlock down the road with a war to retake firona vi they would only have a small part of kunark available as there is a massive war going on preventing exploration thus kunark can be a expansion later

i guess theres no poll option i wanted to see if people thought it was a good idea
  2. Quill Augur

No.
    Nolrog and Dzarn like this.
  3. Straahdx Augur

No
    Dzarn likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

5. Rouan Augur

Nein.
    Dzarn likes this.
  6. Edrick Augur

No, thank you. Leave that to EQN.
  7. quseio Augur

ok fine enjoy your constantly shrinking playerbase whos going to start playing when you have to get 10k aas to be good ? people obsessed with old graphics and afraid of change

arent you tired of codeing excuses its to complicated its to whatever look how long people asked for bigger bags before they came out
  8. quseio Augur

eqn is NOt everquest its lore shares only a few names thats it maybe it shares some locations we dont know yet, and its class system is NOT anything at all like eq, heck it doesnt even have levels! And its models i am not satisfied with and man kobolds are scaley?
  9. slicechant Journeyman

thats what they have PROGRESSION SERVERS FOR .... have a nice day and Please never bring this up again
    Black Soul likes this.
  10. Straahdx Augur

You wanted to see if people thought it was a good idea. We do not. Now you're getting all bent out of shape. If you don't like eq, don't play it.
  11. Rainbowdash Augur

I dunno. Ask the player base of 3 years ago

This is the purpose of EQN. Not EQ1. Not EQ2. EQN Leave the other two as they are.
  12. LoonyToony Elder

I'll pass. The eq next graphics hold zero appeal for me. Eq next is basically going to be I blew up e commons tunnel next server I did it agian! Repeat then quit population. If I ever go to another mmorpg I would want a new world from top down.
  13. Edrick Augur

I believe Elidroth has said the EQ subscriber numbers have stayed within a ~0.5% (or maybe it was 5%) margin for quite some time. I don't think it is constantly shrinking. The sky isn't falling like you are claiming it is.

The majority of people play this game for its mechanics, their friends, the lore, and nostalgia. They don't play it for graphics.
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  14. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Who says you need 10k AAs to be good? OK, tanks do need a lot of AAs, but certainly not anywhere near 10k of them, and the other classes do OK without them.
  15. Black Soul Elder

No. How's the poll looking so far? ;)

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I DO play it partly for the graphics. I don't know if it's just because my gaming exposure began with EQ, but I pretty much hate most all the other game graphics I've seen. Wow was weird but not horrible. EQN looks horrible, EQII so fugly it took me 30 minutes to decide what terrible looking character to try out, then the gmae played at about 2 frames per second when I tried it so that one didn't get far, lol.

Leave my good old EQ alone please. It has some issues but overall it looks great and plays great.
  16. quseio Augur

it was just a number when i stopped playing it wasnt far offi said it was shrinking yes its a slow shrink to be sure but its still shrinking, wouldnt you like to see people who u knew start playing again? and again the purpose of eqn is not to reboot eq its to make money its nothing like everquest at all in any sort of way or i would not be complaining. How many of those subsciber numbers are bots ?

progression servers dont fill the bill nearly its still same bloated aaa system same graphics and how many truely new people do they attract that actually play beyound when the server catches up with the rest ?

But fine enjoy fighting giant god rats from the planet venus in 3 years my point you comepeltely missed is god fighting should of been one of the last thing we got to do instead of one of the first . eq already jumped the shark what do u do after that ? In comics when this happens you get a reboot.

i would of left it at that if people had just said no
  17. quseio Augur

all my friends left they got tired of the bloated aa req and gear treadmill when it became copy and paste
  18. quseio Augur

i agree eqns kerrans model looks teribad and the armor looks bad but the other models look decent, and the enviroment looks fantastic
    Moklianne likes this.
  19. Edrick Augur

People were saying "just no" until you got defensive. Look at the posts between your first one and your second one.

Just let it go. I believe you're in the very small minority here, and I think the EQ devs know more about the subscriber numbers than you, and we're happy fighting giant god rats from the planet Venus in three years. I can't speak for everyone, but I love Everquest the way it is. There are minor changes I would make, not drastic ones like you suggested.
  20. Quill Augur

We will quite enjoy it actually. You have to understand that the servers are relatively closed small communities. For those of us who have been around for years, if not well over a decade, we can recognize most of the major players both by name and reputation, and in some cases even know them by RL first name. Often times people will 'check out' for a while, and take a step back ..but they'll sprout up again. For example, I'm back after a year and a half off. If you're a tourist(which you are), good luck breaking into that.. any more than showing up in a small town will suddenly make you the belle of the ball.

Speaking of which, kudos to the development team, who in that time I was gone, have revamped the Bazaar(accessed from any zone, send stuff to you direct or by mail, support offline trading zomg), torqued the expansion release strategy to a more realistic solution, finished up the epic ornament quests, made Kronos as an alternate solution for gold membership payment, and finally included a threat meter(ZOMG <3). This is the type of change that's good for EQ.

Taking the b**** out back and putting two in her chest so that you can try to dream up some new version of the same game that'll be some Super Special variation of what you played? Ya... as I first said...no.
  21. Risiko Augur

Speak for yourself sir. When you say "WE", you do NOT speak for me.

I vote YES.

I want Everquest restarted with the EQN game client. Everything else (character classes, npcs, world, combat, stats, etc) stays exactly as it is today. YES. Yes. YES. YES!

I would gladly pay my $50 for this reboot instead of another expansion that just tacks on to a 15 year old game client/server.