Cannot Reproduce EQ reading mouse input differently from other programs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Moirraine, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Moirraine Apprentice

I have a mouse which I have been using with customized buttons for months (and for years before with a different mouse) to move forward and back in game. All of the sudden, this past week, it has stopped working.

I have tried:
    - reinstalling all software related to the mouse
    - reverting mouse software to an older version
    - turning mouse off and on, removing dongle, using a different USB slot, etc
    - using a different, corded programmable mouse (same issue, this mouse also used to work)
    - turning computer on and off
    - assigning different keys to the desired movements, and changing the mouse to reflect them
    - running the patcher and validating game assets
    - using the same mouse on a different computer (same problem)

I haven't changed anything else about my computer(s), EQ installation(s), mouse(mice), or anything else that seems remotely relevant.

Other keyboard macros/customized binds (such as a keyboard button assigned to hit alt + 1 to cast spell gem 1, as well as in-game keybinds) are working as always.

The customized buttons work in other software and on every website I've tried.

I have contacted the mouse company for tech support, and after an hour of troubleshooting, they are also at a loss.

Mice tried: Logitech Lift, Razor Naga Trinity (both of which I have used successfully for months/years without this behavior)
    Tetokan, Veashawth, Nakotet and 16 others like this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

It might also be the mouse software suite. Try uninstalling then reinstalling it.
    FWIW, I use left-right mouse to move forward and turn, and it was working last night for me. This was on an MS skulpt ergonomic wireless.
  3. Ratalthor Developer

We can't reproduce the issue on our end and we have not made any changes in the past week.