EQ Houses

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dioc, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Dioc Lorekeeper

Hi, I would like to purchase a house but I cannot figure out how to. Do I need to join or a guild or can I do it without a guild. If anybody could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. Gundolin Augur

3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Those are great guides but to be honest they just confused me when I first started in housing. So hope this extra info helps.

You do not have to be a paid account to do housing. Test server housing is not working correctly right now.

All plots will charge you rent. You can buy any open plot. It does not have to be in your guild neighborhood. I choose my first one by just wandering around and clicking on the stones at the edge of the low stone fences till I found one I could buy and liked.

Not all houses will charge you rent. The rent free houses are any in the /claim or /prize and any purchased with loyalty points. Any house received from the housing quest or purchased from an NPC or in marketplace will charge rent.

Your rent is due when you set it to be due - and you can pay rent with many different currency's so make sure you use the drop down arrow to see how else you can pay specifically if you have a lot of doubloons or chronobines from old quests long ago. Most people dump a bunch of old currency in there and then don't have to worry for a month or year or whatever. You will get an in game email that your rent has expired if you forget to pay. Even though free accounts cannot send email they will receive this email.

There are many ins and outs as to how many items and or pets your yard can hold or your house can hold and if items take one kind of storage or another. This stuff you can learn as you go along and don't need to slam it all in right now. There are also extra "crate" you can buy from NPC in Sunrise Hills to put on your plot and store more stuff however these will charge you plat for rent - you cannot pay for these with other currency.

So find the gate in the lobby - click on it. You will need to search or just choose a neighborhood that has something open. There are filter boxes at the bottom of the screen to click to make it easier. Click the hood you want then click "go" in upper right. Now you will zone into that hood. Wander around till you find an open plot you can buy. Left click the stone and it kinda explains it. Once you have bought the plot then you can walk onto the plot and holding your house on your cursor you can set it down - wall la ! You now have a house and plot - but wait! You have to pay your rent first to do anything so using the EQ button - real estate - manage will bring up a screen to set your payments and currency. Now you can put pets in your yard or trees and hang swords on your wall etc. Next time you go to the gate you can enter your name and then hit search and it will return your plot so all you have to do is select it and click go and you will be in your hood. You can place a primary or secondary anchor on your plot or in your house which is a great way to port there also.

If you have the loyalty points I think the best house is the country manor - wood or stucco doesn't matter.

Hope this helps a little more.
    xxGriff, Gundolin and Quatr like this.
  4. Eslake New Member

Step 1 - Find a plot that isn't owned (and is not in a Guild-owned neighborhood)
    Step 2 - Stand inside its bounds and click the stone wall that marks its edge.
    Step 3 - Click [Buy]
    Step 4 - Click [Manage] and add enough coins to keep it paid up for a while.
    Step 5 - Click whatever house you have and click on the ground within the plot (as if you were dropping it on the ground)

Instructions for turning, sizing, etc will appear on the top left in yellow to help you place it as you like.
    xxGriff and Gundolin like this.
  5. Sagarmatha Augur

Be sure to check out some of the populated neighborhoods. There are tons of creative houses and yards to explore.
  6. Shanarias Augur

Nice. My problem is that I can't find Christine in order to find a place to actually buy a house. When I zone into the neighborhood, my map won't show me where *I* actually am, and moving to where it shows Housing Informations (on my map, there is an s at the end) is impossible. I am truly at a loss here, and have wasted entirely too much playing time on this "simple matter".

Good thing I only paid for a week. Oh well, 85pp just isn't all that much to lose, I guess.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can also buy a house thru loyalty points or in the marketplace. Christine is part of the tutorial about housing and you should have gotten a path to her when you zoned into any neighborhood if you have the quest on. If you don't have the quest on then look at your "find" key under actions when you are in Sunrise Hills. Under the find key you will find: christine and other housing merchants who will sell you a house.

Sorry your having so much trouble - which server are you on?

Christine stands right in front of the round hut where all the npc are. She is right next to a sign and about 5 steps in after you zone. Straight ahead
  8. Lily Augur

If you can't see your X on the map, it may be a color that is too light. The map tool is broken now, but when it's working, you click on the map tool, then click "Change my color"