EQ for Mac??

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by NewMacUser, May 24, 2014.

1. Cone head Augur

2. Qelil Augur

It was nice to read in that thread the post where an SOE tier 2 Tech Service Rep thanked you for posting instructions to help EQ players play using Wine. :D

Since I already have it all setup, I think I'll try just running one account at a time. I think the crashing is probably related to the shared processes with a Wineskin setup of two individual instances that is the problem I'm seeing. I'm going to revisit the Wineskin method of running a second instance from the same install too. Maybe I missed something there and using that would solve my problem. I wasn't gonna do this anymore... but you know how that goes sometimes. Giving up bugs me.
  3. Charcarodon New Member

Are you still playing on Mac? I just bought an iMac and didn't realize that EQ was windows based only. I just downloaded Crossover and everything loads okay except the characters are non-existent except for their armor. What could I be missing??
  4. Borek-VS Augur

Yes, still playing on Mac with Crossover, and it still works. I've got a run through of set up on the CodeWeavers Everquest forum - you just need to turn off a setting in Options->Display, I think it's hardware vertex shaders.