EQ Floating Combat Text (EQFCT)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moncleared, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Arugan Lorekeeper

Thanks for the reply! This looks pretty sweet. Definitely going to give this a shot when I roll my monk alt.
  2. Kalipto Augur

I've wanted this for YEARS! I even tried creating this with my won third party utilities (like Gina) but it never quite worked right. This looks great so far with tons of cool potential!

Definitely would love to see color options for combat types. Melee vs magic would be a nice simple start.
  3. Scornn Elder

Moncs continues to impress, well done sir!
  4. Xanathol Augur

Such a missed opportunity to do...

[IMG]
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm curious from a technical perspective. It depends on whether WPF labels have an alpha property. If they don't, he'll have to write a custom control. I had a similar need in a Windows Form app and those labels definitely don't have alpha. I decided I didn't need it bad enough to write a custom control.
  6. Kalipto Augur

New request, can you add pet dmg too? Figured it may work if my pet had my name, but no dice!
  7. Kalipto Augur

I guess the program hasn't been touched in about a year. Anybody know C# and want to take a crack at continuing the project?!?
  8. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Dang I don't check the forums enough, I didn't see this thread got brought back from the dead! I haven't touched the source code in probably a year like Kalipto said, however, I've been messing around on Mischief a good bit and I might take a look at this again! Keep an eye on the github for updates, if I recall I had this published as a ClickOnce so any updates I make should auto update for anyone with it installed!
  9. Demetri Augur

Oh wow, it WAS that old and necro'ed - yea it's a good foundation, man. Couple tweaks and it could be really amazing.

I love how the resist messages from mobs show, but it cuts off from window size - feels like widening would allow that to be fixed.

And bow damage for rangers doesn't seem to catch non-crits.

And if you leave it running for a while it gets weirdly lagged.

But besides those oddities, seems like a really cool useful thing if/when you start work on it again.
  10. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Thanks for the feedback. Can you PM me some logs for Ranger bow crits?

Also, you should be able to resize the windows yourself. Click the Settings button, Unlock Windows and then drag and make them wider, does that work?