@EQ Dev Team--we want you, and Selo, to succeed. Really.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rotlust, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Rotlust Augur

I know that most of you have been around since very early if not the beginning. This game has to be your baby, something you cherish and feel pride for--If not, you should, it's an accomplishment. For a game to be twenty years old and have this much passion and fanfare about it is nothing short of astonishing, especially when the dwindling crew around it is considered!

Mangler seems to be a ROUSING success because you guys heard the feedback of the community and made changes around that. For returners and those looking for a classic experience, this is great news and I wish them the best.

Selo, when first announced, had so many people who had given up on TLPs and EQ in general that I knew in an absolute hype. I saw people who were more excited for this than some of the people I met early on when new expansions were announced! A tour of EQ, where one can reasonably expect to see all the wonderful content that they have missed over the years because of family, work, children, or college. For many, it was a chance to scratch that itch of wondering what they had to miss.

For most of us, the promise of faster EXP, faction, rare mobs, and lockouts made this expectation a reality. Unfortunately, the exp rate on the AA, despite what a handful of apologists and the devs may claim, is far lower than expected. In reality, for such a server to stay healthy (outside of a couple of guilds in a pissing contest) AAs will need to be obtainable at an extremely accelerated rate. While a select pair of apologists who claim the AAs work fine now seem to make some decent points, they fail to keep in mind the time needed to raid, key, flag, and etc. Their expectations are based upon perfect group makeups which are not always attainable especially by certain classes. That said, regardless if the current AA rates are intentional or not, they need to be doubled if not tripled. Just because it may be possible for some select guilds with ample time and ability to clear content with minimum AA, doesn't mean the vast majority of players will be able to do the same. It's also not fun to feel like you are way behind on AA because the lockouts are too quick (yes, some people play EQ for fun).

If the intention of this server is to get a tour of EQ at an approximately 600%+ increased rate from the original releases (assuming most expansions released at around 6 months each) AAs should not be a stumbling block. Clearly, this was understood by double faction and rare mobs. I, and I think I can reasonably say the overwhelmingly vast majority of Selo, are asking that you please listen again and improve this. It can not hurt and it can only help. If there is a worry from the financial department that such a change would mean a great reduction in EXP potion sales, I seriously doubt this is the case. Most people will not be milked forever with little gain, but with reasonable expectation of advancement, each expansion with AA increase would prove to be a burst in xp potion sales.

There is a reason people keep coming back to EQ for more. It is a great experience that is unique in today's environment. Please do not take your loyal fan base for granted, respecting them and not employing cheesy modern predatory financial schemes is what has kept this project going for so many years. I have no way of proving that the AA exp and mounts were financial decisions, but for many they sure feel like it.

In short (T.L.D.R.), the greatest thing that could happen to rejuvenate Selo and keep it afloat for the two years to live would be to vastly increase the AA experience. This would make the game more fun for those playing, and just makes good financial sense, which, of course, is the goal of any company.

Thank you.
    Icaen and Ajjantis like this.
  2. Ulain Journeyman

Agreed. I also thank Daybreak for their one newly released TLP.
  3. Yeshi New Member

I really enjoy the concept of Selos and am enjoying my time there. I think with 3x or 4x the aaxp rate that is in currently server will be perfect.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  4. selospeed New Member

+1
  5. Icaen Elder

The TLP community has hardly seen beyond PoP. I would think the company would want players to see more of their product, esp if you are a dev who has been working on this game for many many years.