EQ capturing foreground

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by disgruntled, Feb 23, 2017.

1. disgruntled Augur

I used to be able to read webpages or play on another account while zoning or loading. I can't do this anymore. I also can't swipe my mouse over to the aux computer if EQ is in the foreground, just sitting there. I use Input Director to control my aux computer. I'm not sure when the change happened. Perhaps there's a setting I need to adjust and you smart coder types can tell me. (Win10 with anniversary update.)
  2. Brudal Augur

Possibly related to your issue:

Kalipto and disgruntled like this.
  3. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

That doesn't help while zoning. It's been hard coded like this for years. The only way around it is to use wineq2.
    disgruntled likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't use wineq2 and have no problem bopping around the internet while zoning or loading, checking out the bazaar on one guy while loading in 2 others. However I only use one monitor. The one time I had issues years ago on a reinstall I was able to correct it by what Brudal linked in here.
    disgruntled likes this.
  5. Raccoo Augur

I had this problem a few weeks ago, and what Brudal linked is what I had to uncheck to fix it (after completely reinstalling windows and EQ didn't work).
    disgruntled likes this.
  6. disgruntled Augur

Ahahah! It looked like it was off and EQ wasn't overlapping the windows button. I trusted you and went through and turned the overlap button on and then off again. It didn't work the first time I camped one but when I camped one again, it started working! I can now swap screens again. Thanks.

PS. I already use a LEGAL program similar to Play Nice, even though the filter on this site won't let anyone type its name. ;-)
  7. disgruntled Augur

Did not hold after a reboot. Still searching.
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I actually turned mine off and it's allowing me to alt tab out now while zoning.

Make sure you have this setting in your eqclient.ini

AlwaysOnTop=0
    disgruntled likes this.
  9. disgruntled Augur

Ooh good idea. Edit the ini.
  10. disgruntled Augur

Ini. already had AlwaysOnTop=0 on all toons. Is there supposed to be a line like that in the EQclient.ini as well?

Did a reinstall and complete file check. I feel is if this might be a windows problem at this point but my browswers and movies don't lock up my mouse. /frown
  11. disgruntled Augur

Partially solved by reinstalling Input Director. I can access other EQs and the aux computer. Still can't browse webpages but unless we go back to 5 min. zone times, I can live with this.