EQ bad FPS on Video Card vs Intel Graphics

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dafroo, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Dafroo Journeyman

I reinstalled EQ and it doesn't run smooth when I'm on my e-gpu running my GTX 1070. When I disconnect it and run on my Intel on-board graphics I get way smoother FPS.

I do not have these issues with other games. Overwatch I'm at 150-200+ FPS, Apex Legends around 100 FPS, etc.
  2. Windance Augur

Try running the options editor and make sure you have your GTX 1070 selected.
  3. Dafroo Journeyman

I think I fixed some of it. My old eqclient.ini settings were:

CPUAffinity0=0
    CPUAffinity1=1
    CPUAffinity3=3
    etc..

Changed them all to -1 and I gained some FPS. Maybe I'll install a new EQ instead of using my old directory and see if that helps more.
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

Power Options, change it to High Performance. EQ may not be pushing the system enough, allowing it to think it can throttle down, core park, etc if set to Balance or Power Saver. In two other games the players had unknowingly changed the power settings to Power Saver and their FPS dropped like a rock.

No need to uninstall EQ. Rename or Delete eqclient.ini. That has your game settings, both put in by the Options Editor, the in-game Options and any manually tweaked settings
  5. Cleaver Augur

Go into your bios and disable onboard graphics. They do not play nice together never have.

Do you have any of these disabled in options > Display > Advanced tab ? Allow HW Vertex Shaders, Allow 2.0 Pixel, Use Advanced lighting it can and does cripple your FPS. I have a 1080ti and if i disable these my FPS is so bad i cant move.

This only occurs in windows 10 after like the anniversary update or creators i forget what one.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

Disabling Allow HW Vertex Shaders will suck FPS down the drain. The HW is hardware, os unchecking it forces the game to render the VS primarily by software instead of using the GPU hardware...