EQ and our money

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shootss, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Thraine Augur

if your surprised EQ was having random login issues .. is this your 1st week in eq?
    Karreck, Ozon, Coagagin and 3 others like this.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Alert! Snowlakes are melting!
    Or are those shrewed and cunning individuals just pretending to be snowflakes? It matters not, the melting is funny!
    One virtue is an anti-snowflake-ism - Stoicism.
    Become a stoic and withstand the whole blizzard melting in sunrays.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. Herf Augur

This is without doubt worse, much worse, than usual.

Given that they've clammed up about what the problem is, I expect that it still exists and we will get more of these "unscheduled emergency outages" "potentially" happening over the next month.

What is particularly annoying is that some time ago there was a big planned outage as they "changed infrastructure" or whatever they called it. As best I can tell that apparently meant moving to a worse infrastructure. Servers must have downgraded from hamsters to mice.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

It is not about warranty it is about keeping customers. The warranty declaration is only there as an insurance to not get drawn into liability and being prejudiced.
    Aenvar and Herf like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

I'm sorry that the 50 cents or less that you are paying for the downtime is such a hardship for you.
    If you bother to read the EULA you'll see that there is no promise of 24/7/365 availability.
    Wdor and CatsPaws like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Bhahahaha. These threads are Gold. Keep them coming.
  7. Coagagin Guild house cat

DBG is launch on December 7th, "a day that will live in infamy..." Otherwise known as Pearl Harbor Day. Seems fitting.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

This is a funny coincidence. Does remind me to the very unlucky abbreviation for Claws of Veeshan = CoV. Nobody does want to read or hear about CoV.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I sold all my krono's had around 45 and went to subscription i dont mind supporting everquest even added another account so i could sell more.

Andarriel
  10. Cidran Augur

Very happy to be, if they let me in
  11. Micker Augur

I'm sure they don't want to have down time. Things happen, my internet goes out sometimes and I work from home, that gets me a lot more upset than a game going down for a few hours.
  12. Treage_Imminent Elder

Total hours down = 14
    Price per billing cycle = $14.99 (max)
    Hours per 30 day billing cycle = 720
    Money spent without receiving service = $0.30 (rounded up)

/reaches in the truck center console and tosses 11 pennies, 2 nickles, and a dime to Shootss.

Keep the change. :)
    Paladin likes this.
  13. Brontus EQ Player Activist

You seem upset that someone might be upset. Would you like a hug?
  14. Brontus EQ Player Activist

To extend your analogy, it doesn't cost that Scrooges and Grinches at Darkpaw Games a nickel to compensate players with bonus exp.