EQ 25th Anniversary Event

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I would be even less inclined to do the Event content if I was required to do it as a shroud.

Currently, for most of the existing Event content, the rewards are not worth the amount of time you have to spend to do them. Oh goodie, after a couple hours running back and forth to/from the quest giver and finding targets or getting rareish drops for another food/drink reward that has no stats or a few low stats with the "scaling" of the task (i.e. more than one version) stopping in the 90s and the food/drink reward being meh even for that level in comparison to any other stat food/drink you can get then easier. For Frostfell, the "better" rewards with ornaments (like the frostfell armor/weapons) required spending over 100plat for each run on top of the amount of time and running back and forth. When I was playing EQ2, event content was something I looked forward to each year and didn't feel like time wasted for a nothing reward, even when repeating the same ones over. Even other non-Daybreak games had much better rewards. Yes, there are -some- of the anniversary events that have rewards that are desirable, but only a handful and you can only do them once for that reward.

As they are now, for most event content in EQ, I have extremely limited desire to do any because of the amount of running around "effort" vs the quality of the rewards. However, if I had been required to shroud for ANY of them, even the few with decent rewards, I wouldn't bother at all. Even if if it limited time content, I want to enjoy it, not endure it. Actually, even more so, because of a limited time of the content I want it to be enjoyable not something I need to just endure.

As a note: I have never done any of the OMM Missions in part because I didn't know where he was and because I have little desire to play as another character/monster just to complete a mission. For personas, I can choose for my character to play as another class (which might require a different race - also not really desirable), but it is a full version of that other class, it isn't a 'monster' with a limited wonky skill/spell set.
  2. uberkingkong Augur

You been accustomed to bad rewards.

I said the rewards like OMM, or Remants of Tranquility except its different currency and it goes to max level.
    So you need an upgrade in your shoulders or earrings.
    Do the event, get the earrings, get the aug.

If your a raider, you already beat the game, what do you expect. This is anniversary its for everyone but if you already beat the game, you beat the game, sorry.
    The items have special look, so that's your reward.

This event gives xp too, so theres that. Good xp. Scaled xp at whatever level you are. Like 20 AA, no matter level plus 10% xp (not converted to AA). Per phase, so do all the phases say like 5 phases, at the end thats 100AA and 50% xp.
    Obviously make it difficulty, not no disgustingly easy.
    Again meta event, not just your guild, not just your box, everyone on the server is participating in the same event.
    Again every 3 hours the event starts again.

You already beat the game you don't need stuff to beat it even faster, even easier.
    You beat the game now you already fast enough. There is 10 months till the next expansion and your already beaten it. Thats too fast.
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

That is the worst part about the current version of anniversary content, especially when it has augments or non-standard click/trophy effects involved. Going 7 or 8 years where your BiS charm augment is tied to an anniversary mission was certainly a decision someone made for some reason.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

So I saw the trailer for the Anniversary event, well sad its decided already.

Towers.
    Time unlocked, like wait a day or so?

I'm pretty sure people don't like waiting.
    Also, I know returners/casuals dislike these scaled missions and what not for max levels.

Shrouds is the way to go. If they haven't decided on the events yet for the towers. Shrouds is the good route to go. Stands the test of time and everyone can do it.

You can do tower version of shrouds.
    First level is Survive the crushbone orcs
    Second level is Survive the Onslaught in City of Mist, don't let the enemies take the city
    Third is Kael Drakkel, you gotta save Kael Drakkel from the dragons and the invading forces

Simple shroud, melee attack bow attack, dodgeroll button, shield button, special attack button, and jump which is free button.

Meta events, everyone can join.
    None of this this guild only, friends only, experts only. LFG is broken so can't do it, gotta beg others to do it, geared players only. Gotta do something in 10 mins or less so raid geared only because your 175k HME is no good to this 10 min or less fight.

Meta event shrouds. Its fun to watch on twitch from a viewer standpoint, fun to watch on youtube video.
    Anyone can join. Start downloading the EQ, anyone can do it, its rewarding you get great xp great loot.

Then its over and back regular EQ
  5. Marton Augur

False.

People hate shrouds.

People spent years and years of working on their mains, second mains, primary alts, secondary ... getting them gear, clickies, augs and they want to play their own characters, not some dumb shrouds with 3 buttons.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Perhaps you can enlighten us on how to see this trailer. I don't think it is on Test yet.

Thank you.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Rijacki and Yinla like this.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Why yall challenging me.
    You think I don't know stuff?

This game predictable, predictable its out there, common sense.

Look this,
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ear-of-darkpaw-and-the-top-10-of-2023.295308/
    now goto 18:03
    Anniversary tower.

Hrmmm, wonder whats that for. Gotta be for the 31st expansion not the anniversary event right?
    Clearly says locked on each floor. Hrmm time locked.

Well I know now its all decided, so no chance at meta event shrouds. Gotta be posting these ideas 2 years in advance or so.

Me personally I'm kinda burnt out from collections, its getting tedious.
    I want to do stuff with others, casual stuff with others. Not form a serious group.
    Meta event every 3 hours, just have fun every 3 hours in a meta event, where everyone is on equal playing field, supporting each other, no one is being greedy, because rewards are for everyone. Thats how meta works, its a collaboration and the rewards everyone wins. Not no RNG loot time.

Just because you have meta events doesn't there is no other content.
    Meta events are chilling, quick and good use of time without much effort in regards to getting something setup thing to do. You want to play the best but you don't want to deal with setup and loot and all that tedious getting for a tough mission setup. Just join the meta event, do your best and let others know how to do better, do good, get good rewards for doing good if everyone does good.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have no idea why you think I'm "challenging you".

I simply want to know where to find the information you saw. I want to watch the trailer.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

btw for some mechanics like range attack on shrouds.
    They already have the code done.

Boomerang brawl.
    Shoot the boomerang, boom that npc is dead.

Now you just put in overworld, same mechanics.
    Tons of people can join.

Defend the tower, defend kelethin, defend freeport, defend the abysmal sea ship, now with your boomerangs.

Here comes the minotaurs that breathe fire, don't let them breathe fire on you. You lose life when that happens. Simple.

They already have code where you play chess, Dains where you gotta place your army move your army.
    The VoA event where you do the same thing.
    Don't focus on the army, they should just minor details not a huge impact. The main focus should be on the player using the skills, whether it be boomerang or whatever.

Meta event, that means everyone who wants to join joins, more the better. Sure it scales up, but to a certain point, like over 72, your overkilling it but thats a good thing, means you win easier.

Again, look at GW2 SAB.
    You think that looked cool sound cool you think the players wanted that? You think it sounded in the meetings of the thing to do?

This was their thoughts and feedback.
    @aarondanaher9426
    3 years ago
    The content I never knew I wanted

I played UF, boomerang brawl fun, in era of course. Easy loot, fun. Minigame, minigames are fun in MMORPGs. Underrated.

Get good in era gear, simple minigame, good way to catchup. Meta event same concept.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=85839
    More of an OMM or remnant of tranquility style gear is what I preferred.

I can't mess with those UF nameds back in era, but boomerang brawl love that, getting geared!

This anniversary I wanted meta event defend the tower style or invade something style.
  10. Lodestar The Undefeated

Shroud sucks. Just say no to shrouds.

King Kong has been challenged.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Warpeace like this.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Do you mean the same picture in the video as that which is in the announcement post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/happy-new-year.295235/? Is that what you're calling a trailer?

Most people don't think of a single static picture as a trailer. That's more like a billboard or a print ad. It isn't a trailer showing anything about the contents. I suspect it's a lost-in-the-translation language thing for you.

Also, the Everquest Show videos are not official nor are they produced by Daybreak. They're fan produced. Fading is not a Daybreak employee but his videos are well-done and he does have interview material (some from years long past) from Daybreak employees. But, they are not "official Daybreak" (as a "trailer" would be) any more than a review of a Marvel movie by one of the many Youtube commentators is official Disney.
    Yinla, Barraind and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Has there been ONE person that has spoken in favor of shrouds? I dunno how many threads I have seen since you began this campaign but I do not remember anyone wanting them too.
    Rijacki and Yinla like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not really a trailer, just a picture of a tower, still no idea what is in the tower.

Time locked, I'm hoping is a monthly unlocked, so we get a new floor unlocking every month. Something to keep me occupied for the whole year.

I'm hoping there is something on each floor for all levels and that they are available on TLPs, it happens in S Ro so no location issues for any server. I'll be interested in what is in the Tower shop, I'm expecting toys rather than gear upgrades.

I'm not a fan of shrouds, would rather have my own char restricted by level.
    I'm not a fan of meta events either, the one off ones EQ did in the past were always while I was sleeping. I could go for something like the old EK Halloween event that happened every hour or so, so everyone got a chance at it.

I like the idea of a freebie every month, the Orc pet illusion isn't great if your not a pet class and I would have prefered a player illusion, maybe next months will be better for me. I'm hoping they also bring out some of the vaulted illusions, pet illusions, mounts and clickies.

This year looks interesting.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Tuco Augur

Shroud tower confirmed. Each of the 25 levels in the tower uses a different shroud that has a monster relevant to that year of EQ development. To pass to the next you need to level up that shroud. Each shroud has one ability.

Defeating the entire tower unlocks persona switching in any zone for that character.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I'm hoping we get an unlock each month with the previous months' floors being available permanently because it would make it available to all players much more inclusively.

I'm hoping we have something like the scalable HAs (hopefully better than) and that they are available on all servers including the TLPs. It would be nice to have a broader inclusivity for more players. Since there will be a shop, I hope each month will have scalable content for solo and group with raids as well every few months (once a quarter would be nice).

I'm hoping the Tower shop has a mix of items including some that could be gear items that evolve from doing content in some way. It might be be cool to have evolving items that require going to other places in the world to do something in each place. I am also hoping there will be placeable items (house items) that aren't just weapon slot items. I am hoping there might be items that were either formerly from expansion bundles, LoN cards, 'retired' Marketplace items, long ago Fan Faires, or similar to them (i.e. same but a different colour).

Since the "pet illusion" can also be summoned as a familiar and can be placed in housing, it's usable by all classes. Unlike the hat ornament from the last expansion that could also be equipped in the head slot (instead of actual armor) by a character without the Hero's Forge unlock, the Orc can be used without deleterious effect to the character, no matter the class. But, I, too, hope for something each month that's not just another familiar/petamorph or another weapon slot ornament.

This year does indeed look interesting and I am looking forward to the roll-out.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Where has this been confirmed?
  17. uberkingkong Augur

What do you think be the first 2 floors?

I wanna say floor will be orcs, seemed like all the starter zones orcs were always invading.
    The orcs they got pretty good, rallosian orcs, they made it.

Gnolls, they didn't really fare too well. Theres no rallosian gnolls.

Maybe the first floor will be animals.

2nd floor, probably goblins, they always seem to make it, and they not really entry level, sola those aren't entry thats like lvl 2, second tier from starting the game.
  18. Marton Augur

He's trolling.
    Yinla and Rijacki like this.
  19. uberkingkong Augur

How do you know, the video said there is tiers.
    How you know they aint shrouds.

1 month inbetween shoot thats enough to make a meta event shroud event.

Anniversarry everyone is suppose to enjoy. This is no expansion, end players only.
    Anniversarry, like fables. All win. They don't make all the fables drop lvl 70 gear too.
    The unrest fabled drop stuff that people in unrest can use, lvl 20-25 stuff.

People going slaying them and saying free grabs for whoever.

Good community back then.

Today.
    Raider watching you get whooped by a named in LS.
    I'll take 20 seconds to do 20% damage on this mob, you silly trying to do this T1 named, your no raider. Glad you took 14 minutes and wiped on a T1 named.
    I could have beaten all my T1 raids and come back and finish this mob. If only I didn't have a lockout timer.
    I'd be full T1 raid gear today if there was no lockout timer.

I need to add more plat to my 200M plat bank account. Thanks for wiping to T1 named, entry level.

Meta event shrouds, everyone matter everyone wins, there no selfish thing in meta event shrouds.
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Where do you see a Daybreak official video on the anniversary content?

The video from Fading for the Everquest Show is NOT Daybreak official or Daybreak sponsored. The Everquest Show repeated the exact same information that was in a Daybreak official announcement including the static picture of the tower: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/happy-new-year.295235/

At this time, there is nothing in the official information that it will be tiers or shrouds. Those are your own imagination. The official information that Fading included in his FAN video repeated the information from the announcement about it being FLOORS and trials.

At this time, there is no Daybreak "trailer" about the upcoming tower.

Frankly, the information in the official post and repeated by Fading imply there will be missions a lot like the HAs and other missions that we have already had in game for many expansions now. There is absolutely no indication it will be done as shrouds.