epics nerf?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by yiniadn, Aug 20, 2013.

1. yiniadn New Member

just verifying what I've heard is that epic's are getting nurfed is it true? beam pulls I am pretty sure is magdukes pretty much said he was wanting to quit eq because of it. I have seen post talking about epic's for sk being set to lvl75 mobs on the click can anyone else say they have heard about this? Necro also was one I heard that was going to be looked at or fixed as someone told me I am just wondering good day people.
  2. Sebbina Augur

I say we wait until the patch, some times the rumors are as bad as the trash magazines-- hmm are we getting new jumjum recipes?
  3. Mykaylla Augur

All that has been officially said by a dev is that they're going to "fix" the necro epic.
    We don't know how they will choose to do that, or if they will alter any other epics. No one else wears their epic beyond appropriate levels, so temporary click effects may be handled differently to worn foci (which have degraded to complete obsolescence on all other epics already), but at the moment, anything else is just speculation.
  4. Quatr Augur

Most likely by moving Burned Woods south of Freeport.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

North of Qeynos, off Jaggedpine!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

I would hope not, every SK uses their epic on raids and that's on mobs lvl 100+.
    Sinestra likes this.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

Nerfing the useful epics would create so many balance problems they would be silly to do it. Not to mention infuriating a lot of their player base. Fixing the necro epic should just mean making it unnecessary to wear it for the effect from now on by making it an aa or something.
    Sinestra and Reprisal like this.
  8. yiniadn New Member

nice post sebbina :D
  9. Buukie New Member

j-boots are slower on test
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Or make it degrade like the others all did, More likely I can see them changing Dark Whisper from being a worn Effect to being a "Short Term" buff that lasts 3 minutes and have the effect added each time the necro epic is clicked. That really would be the simplest way to remove it from perma equipped.
  11. gcubed Augur

Well, they are going to change the berserker epic click to only work on mobs that are level 150 or greater. /nod
  12. Sinestra Augur

They could make the Necro epic degrade, but it would cause a bunch of other problems without something else since their dps has been figured with the bonus.

Even more so if they ever change the SK epic since the entire class has been evolved and designed around the use of it since its creation.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I don't see them changing any of the clickies on the epics. As I said the easiest thing they could do for the Necro 2.0 is make it part of the clicky.
  14. Nefrate New Member

They might just add a quest like in everquest 2 that grant you a version of your epic in your spell book so you don't have to wear it anymore to use the effect.
  15. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

hahahaha right...
  16. Agrippa Augur

I think they should either level cap all epic effects and clicks or make them all equally desirable and used indefinitely.
  17. silku Augur

simply make the a real epic aug (not just a visible one) but one that has all the stats + clickies of the original epics, only place able in primary slot weapons. fixed.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  18. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

to think we have asked for this for YEARS
    silku likes this.