Epic Request (BST Selo)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yasi, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Yasi Journeyman

Hello,

Any Beastlord able to do Epic Request on Selo Server yet? That seem overtuned as hell...
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

It was doable in Omens era on Phinny. It's been a couple years so my details may be off. Make sure you have epics equipped (1.0/1.5/2.0, doesn't matter). As you hit the grimling guards with epics they should turn into skeletons IIRC, once they've changed hitting them should heal you (or their hits heal you? I forget). I remember the final round with the high priest being the toughest, try to keep his guards away from him and just focus on the two guards, keeping some distance despite the summoning.

Also, BUFF UP IN THE JAIL CELL! Bring all kinds of potions, HoT, HP/AC, DS, everything. Vet rewards if you have them. It is tuned pretty rough for 70 but it's 100% doable. It took some trial and error, i probably failed it a good half dozen times before I figured it out.
  3. Rotlust Augur

Does anyone have any further tips on this? I'm getting absolutely annihilated during the spiritist part.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Have a healer heal you through the wall is I believe how our beasts did this.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

If I remember right, there is a right way to do it that involves collecting 4 items. There is some info in the notes here (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6791), but I don't have any good complete writeups of how to do it right.

You can also just brute force it by killing but when I did it last (@ 100 in mostly full RoF raid gear), it was really tough to survive that way. Good luck either way, the event seems to be extra annoying compared to most of the others.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

It's seriously not bad once you get the mechanics down. Convert the grimlings, use pots, heal yourself. Did it three times in era without any through the wall healing cheese.

The 4 items thing is only for Epic Retelling, which you have to do Epic Request at least twice before it.
  7. Tierdal Augur

try the sk one, then talk to me about "hard"
  8. Zanarnar Augur

First part, I think depends on your gear and AAs. I tried it once in group gear and got smoked. Wasn't worth another try to me.

The second part, ya your right. Its been so long since I ran through it on the Rathe I forgot that was for retelling ;\
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah but at least you got a nice sword out of it. Or at least you USED to. ;)
  10. Rotlust Augur

I have done the SK one. While difficult, It's not even on the same level. My second main is an SK without even half the gear of my beast

. Did you just knock them down and leave them up to keep healing you? because when I do that I just get chain summoned all over the place. the best luck I have had is just killing them.

Also, do you have to do it a fourth time to dual wield "the warder" or do you get two of the ornaments the first time you do retelling?
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

You leave them up, knocking them down one by one for each round of adds. Positioning them is key so that you aren't summoned everywhere or hit from behind. This is especially important with the high priest.

The warder is the same item for primary/secondary, just has different particle graphics in each hand, so you only need to do retelling once.
  12. Yasi Journeyman

The Spiritualist Phase isnt even the worst part - its your Pet fight after that Phase. Even with all Vet AA's and especially Staunch Recovery (since u come out of the Spirtiualist Fight with 0% Mana due to Mana drain) it is very tough. Maybe doable in full Anguish gear and 2.0 without help, but prior to that.. i dont think so.