Epic Quests incoming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

You're wasting your time talking to these two. Making the quests more engaging for a bigger reward... like epic quests would be the way to go. Everyone is overthinking everything and this whole thing about trying to shut down conversation and "don't talk about this or that unless you debate me" is so repetitious.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  2. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Epic quests will be a thing! I have a dream!

Claiming it will take weeks is ogre swill. Why not come up with quicker-to-do quests?
  3. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Sounds really epic, maybe can be just a hail and turn in 5 iron rations or something, right? Sounds pretty epic fail to me. Making 16 custom items the classes will want to use for more than 6 months (balance, grafx, clicks, stats) is moderately hard, but its nothing compared to 16 even moderate length quests.

I have a dream, that EQ will hire more people and re-expand the game, and 1-2 years from now we will get an expansion with 10+ zones, epic quests, new aa lines, and a new 1-110 new player experience. Not holding my breath.
    Waring_McMarrin and Nennius like this.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I wish I had the ability to work on EQ; my specialty has been creating easier UIs for old complex systems (Like an Excel based interface to an old COBOL mainframe system for government finance.) I'd love to help make easier to use, self error checking editors for the designers to use.
    Chikkin likes this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

They have hired some more people.
    Protius likes this.
  6. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Yeah, that makes it possible a few expansions from now maybe.
    Barton likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Epic and quicker don't belong in the same paragraph. Try again.
    Waring_McMarrin and Nennius like this.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

This aint WoW baby!
  9. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

You are a sick sadistic person to expect players to do hails and carry iron rations. It will be bone chips (1) turned in to their respective guild masters in plane of Knowledge! I fully expect you to hold your breath until that occurs so you may show us the determination and perseverance all Everquest players can strive to emulate.
  10. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

What is happening here? Someone posts a non-constructive, trolling comment and provokes some actual informative replies? Madness!
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Making quests more engaging is not limited to just epic quests.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless they get an expanded dev team with enough resources to support new epic quests as well as all current content I would not count on it.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I find it unlikely that a couple of more people who have already been assigned tasks to create content throughout the year would be enough to divert resources for epics.
  14. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Epic upgrade quests should just be part of every expansion, give us something to do between expansions.
    Stymie, Chikkin and Protius like this.
  15. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I agree. These commoners act like it is some kind of nuclear fission science or something to get epics going, again.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pointing out that the devs have said multiple times in the past that new epics would take away from other work and cause players to lose other things isn't remotely close to what you are saying. Most people would prefer more expansion content to do each expansion and not a one time quest line for a new/upgraded epic item.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Epic 3.0 /Quests are not happening unless the team is basically half again to double the size of what it was when Ngreth explained it would require not building an annual expansion.

You only have to grasp how much smaller the past 10 years of expansions have been compared to the first 10 years worth to see the difference in scales between SoE EQ & DayBreak EQ expansions.

Team numbers are going in the right direction right now, but I know I'm not expecting epic 3.0 any time soon.
    They are a lot of work to do in order to maintain the same kind of depth & quality as 1.0 & 2.0 had.

But it would be nice for the big 25th anniversary.
    Chikkin and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Truth-telling is not allowed in this thread, Skuz.
  19. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Oh, I understand the team is smaller compared to when the game was transferred the first 3 or 4 times. These talks about epics are just talks. It's fun bouncing ideas off of each other for the direction the company may or may not take with the game.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While it is great to bounce around ideas it should also be remembered that this is something that has been brought up many times in the past and we have been given the same answer every time.