Epic bottle necks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HereandMeow, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Prathun Developer

Well, that's an interesting way to look at it.
    The spawns in the Phinigel instances are the same spawns used in the base zones. They have the same rules for when, how, and where they spawn because they use the same data. We chose not to do a rebalancing pass on the epic 1.0 quests when Phinny launched just like I chose not to walk ten miles to work today - it's probably healthy, but it wasn't realistic and I didn't have time for it.
    Tarvas, Seraphim, Qelyn and 2 others like this.
  2. Sinzz Augur

totally shoulda walked at least 5 and then texted someone to come pick ya butt up :)
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

im sure all those recently freed up resources from EQNext could use a good walking
  4. BorderlineFear New Member

Exactly. Sadly, players nowadays are lazy and want everything handed to them without having to put in any time or effort. It's one of the reasons many moved to Phinny from ragefire. They get bored easily. (TL)
  5. Dethecus Elder

From the sounds of it some of the VP Key bottle necks had their timers adjusted. If a list of all the epic spawn bottlenecks was complied would it still be a 10 mile walk? Or perhaps only more like a 1mile walk.. :D
    Krondal and PrathunEQ like this.
  6. taliefer Augur

yes, because nothing says "Epic" like the screenshots posted in this thread
    freddytwotones likes this.
  7. Finley Augur

And here I thought a red reply might mean something was actually going to be done about it. You know what you could do that might not even be much work? Make it so we actually CAN spawn an additional Cabilis instance. For some reason you made starting cities either not able to spawn additional picks or the threshold is so high a reasonable sized raid forced cannot do it. But there is "raid level" content there, and we can muster up 50+ to come spawn a new instance if you allow it to happen.

A lot of enchanters I've talked to have given up on doing their epic during Kunark on Phinigel which seems like a failure for this specific server. If people are opting out of even trying on Phinigel some adjustments should be made.

If you don't want to make a pass through ALL epics just look at enchanter and shadowknight, and feel free to check my account and all accounts tied to this email/credit card/etc I have no enchanter or shadowknight on Phinigel above level 1. I'm not making this argument for personal gain.
    Mynde Kandie and freddytwotones like this.
  8. Gemdiver New Member

A. Thanks for the response and reading the thread.

B. Your statement on rulesets is inaccurate. The instances and base zone do not have the same rules: In the base zone, the zone does not terminate; in expedition zones, the zone terminates and all players are removed in less than 24 hours after the zone is created. Because the instance plays under the different set of rules which terminates the zone premature to a monster's scheduled spawn time, its not accurate to say that that its the same as the base zone.

I'd also point out if we're sticking to the walking analogy that changing the spawn delay from 24-72 hours to instead be 24-72 minutes could probably be implemented in considerably less time than it takes to walk ten miles (or maybe even one mile?). I get that once you start rebalancing one class's epic, every other class will ask for something and that is a road you don't want, or have the time, to go down right now. However, the enc and wiz quests are both the two most unbalanced in regards to difficulty to obtain, and also the two simplest to fix with minor adjustments to spawn timers.

Lastly pointing out that the TLP rules actually made these epics harder, because in original Kunark, fear was almost always cleared so a wizard or enchanter could go in and camp their npc for large blocks of time. With the increased trash respawn rate plus use of instances for raid content, wizards and enchanters can no longer camp these npcs. In short, for almost all the classes, Phinny ruleset has made epic quests considerably easier by reducing contested spawns. In the case of wizards, it has increased the difficulty. I think if you do a quick check on the number of epics for each class, adjusted for number of level 50+ players of that class, you will see this to be apparent. Thanks for reading!
    Trevalon likes this.
  9. Korillo Augur

I believe they were talking about the pickzones, not the requested dz instances.
  10. Gemdiver New Member

I agree there are multiple issues being discussed in the thread. For Verina, having pick zones of Cab would obviously be a big thing; but dz instances are a relevant part of conversation too. DZ-instanced dragons drop scales for epics. DZ-Fright/Terror/Dread drop tears for shamans, and so on. If the point of expeditions was to increase access to highly contested or bottleneck content, including epic quests, it seems like people failed to consider the fact that some classes' epic mobs would spawn within the DZ constraints while other classes' would not.
  11. Trevalon Augur

Thank you Gem, I was going to make a post almost identical to this. How Prathun can throw out that "these mobs spawn after so long of an instance up" and fail to know that you cannot hold an instance open long enough for them to spawn is beyond me.

The fact that the Broken Golem and Wrath of Shissar are not popping in instances, when pretty much every other classes mobs do is pretty negligent on DBG's part. How many miles does it take to walk to change 2 mobs spawn time to spawn on new zone pop? Apparently it didn't take many miles to fix the Bloodgill Marauder, but Wizards and Chanters, nah your screwed.
    freddytwotones and Finley like this.
  12. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

This kind of honesty is actually pretty refreshing.
  13. Prathun Developer

Less than an hour since my post and we're playing the semantics game. Are you trying to get on my ignore list? :rolleyes:
    Syrup likes this.
  14. Trevalon Augur

lol, I think we were just giving you a hard time Prathun. I agree that I do appreciate a response (I sent you a PM sir!)...that being said, I really hope you find the time somewhere to change the Broken Golem and Wrath of Shissar. It would really help those two classes who have quickly become the hardest and rarest epics on the server because of those two mobs don't spawn in instance zones, where as pretty much everyone else's mobs do. Which is the crux of the issue, if it was uniform across classes it would be one thing, but as it is, both Wizards and Chanters are getting an unfair disadvantage to pretty much all other classes. For lord's sake the SK epic is more common than Wizard epic on Phinigel!

I would never dream to know how difficult coding in a game like this would be, but I would imagine just changing their spawn time to when an instance popped would completely fix this issue.
    Gemdiver likes this.
  15. Gemdiver New Member

Yeah -- even if he disagrees, I appreciate Prathun being brave and joining the conversation when it would be so easy to ignore it.
  16. Nicorus Elder

SK epic is the rarest epic on the server, much rarer than enchanter or wizard.
  17. Trevalon Augur

I'd put some money that your wrong on that...
  18. Wintermalo Augur

I seriously doubt that. You can get a lot more done with this epic thanks to pickzones. Enchanters not so much.
    Trevalon likes this.
  19. bodes Augur

Does broken golem not spawn in pickzones or something? Why would dread/terror/fright spawn in pickzones but not him?
  20. Trevalon Augur

He does, but Fear no longer has picks hardly, and he spawns 52 hours after a new pick spawn, so I guess if ya wanna take your guild there and force a pick then wait 52 hours sure, that's very reasonable and doable!