EoK Geometries & Hit Boxes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sikanle, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Sikanle Lorekeeper

1) EoK mobs have about twice the melee range of PC's. They can hit you from a distance that you can't hit back or riposte. Is this intended? I remember this being an issue with a few models in TDS/TBM, but it seems like it is every mob in EoK. They have tiny hit boxes and large melee ranges.

2) Geometries in the cave areas of Chardok/Droga are interfering with PC melee. Fighting in some areas of the caves, the mob is hitting me but I can not hit back, yet my activated abilities are still going into cool down. For example, hit T'Vyl's resolve, my character swings, the ability goes into cool down, but the mob is not damaged and the debuff is not applied. Can't hit the mob until I pull it a little ways away. And no, it is not a buff on the mob that is riposting or absorbing damage.

Anyone else noticing these issues?
    Thanks.
    Drusi likes this.
  2. Angahran Augur

Yep, tag a centaur from max spell range, it melees me down 30% before it even moves.
    Those elastic limbs suck :p

Also loving the way the invisible zone boundaries are nowhere near the physical boundaries.

e.g. Scorched woods zone in. There is a hut right where you zone in but for some unknown reason it's behind the zone wall... /boggle.
  3. Maedhros High King

Pretty sure the Centaurs are doing an arrow nuke, not a melee swing.
    Yea the hit box is terribly small on alot of these mobs. frustrating.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah it is a bit irritating with some mobs who stop outside your hit range but within theirs. I did notice having to pull them in then adjust my position forward slightly to be able to hit them. I don't see any game benefit to this it's simply irritating.

Hmmm maybe it is intended to make life harder for botters?
  5. Sikanle Lorekeeper

That was my first thought. The hit box is manageable with grapple or just move forward a bit, essentially a non-issue if you are a not boxing. The interference in geometry is really annoying. Sucks when you waste a 10-20 min cool down and it doesn't even land on the mob due to buggy geometry.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

In the old days, melee range was a function of height/size. So a taller mob (like a giant) would have a longer reach than a small skelly.