EoK Edition Item Claim Confusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Here is the pre-order page: https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

Maybe it is just me but I find the items listed as "Claimable once per character" and "Claimable once per account" strange.

It says as "Claimable once per account" the Familiar Key Ring.

So if you have, for example, 11 characters on one server (not even counting if you play on more than one server), only one gets a Familiar Key Ring?

This is a big change from the past key rings where you got it for every character.

So if this is correct, you now need to pay (I assume with Daybreak Cash) for every character (beyond the first) you want to have the Familiar Key Ring.

If this is the case, how about a message from Daybreak how much Daybreak Cash it is going to cost you to buy these for your other characters?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Strawberry Unicorn New Member

Surely this was a mistake and every character is getting the familiar keyring??
    If you mouse over it the description says it's a place to store illusions.
  3. Rinrigok Journeyman

If you hover over the item you get a popup that says 'Every character on your account will get a 10 slot key ring'
  4. --Voodoo-- Augur

TBM showed the same thing for the illusion ring, so should be safe to assume it will work the same way.
  5. Raynard Augur

Couple other questions (I didn't watch the stream, so I don't know if it was covered).

1. Can the second chance time-locked progression server pack can be purchased by accounts that purchased the first one, and can you then claim a second bag on the same TLP server?

2. The info button on the new expansion buy page says that you get all previous expansion content when you buy the new one. Would I have access to TBM immediately when I buy it, or not until the new expansion is released?
  6. Ishtass Augur

IIRC in years past you had to wait until the new expansion released.
  7. segap Augur

Last year it was immediate. The difference being they charge you immediately, so they give you product immediately. Prior years, you were not charged until release day, so you got no access until the charge cleared.
  8. Zamiam Augur

If i decide to purchase EoK CE I would like a few things clarified about some of the claims so if a Dev could chime in it would really be appreciated ..

1st the Guise of the combine, actuall illusion or just an armor illusion?
    description on item says " an illusion of a traditional combine armor set"

2nd will the Ancient iksar translocator stone be Heirloomable so I can transfer it between my toons on same account ?

3rd I know it says once per account , but the contract of the pawbuster should be 999 avail to all toons on that account.. I do not like items that i cannot transfer to a diff toon i have 14 toons on my main account and i play 7 to 8 of them at different times ..

4th jmho , i feel the ancient iksar trans statue should be added to the CE ..

I highly doubt this expansion will be any better than TBM was and I got more for my 80 bucks for the CE for TBM than I would be getting for this expansion .. so pls tell me why I should spend my hard earned cash? I rarely played in TBM and im sure i can wait another year when you will be putting EoK up for sale for half off .. also with TBM if you pre-ordered we got " Shroud of the Bokon" just for pre-ordering .. for EoK we get nothing ? accept beta access ..
  9. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep, something else to clutter up my claim window and never be used.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

1. Of course, this is a different one; you are making a separate purchase of a different claim. There is no reason they would block you from getting it.
    2. Yes, you pay at the time that you order, thus you will get access to TBM after you purchase it. At most you will have to log out completely and back into the game for the client to process the new expansion access.
    1. I would guess that it is a set of Hero's Forge armor, and someone copied a previous guise description and forgot to change the word illusion.
    2. You can claim them on each character, so no they are not heirloom. Do you have 999+ characters on your account?
    3. Sorry, but its once per toon. With as many different contracts as their are; I would think you would have plenty of choice for each character to have their own unique set almost.
    4. People complained before that the Premium version did not offer enough stuff, so they fixed it. If you don't want to pay the extra on one of your accounts for all those items there's not really a need for it.
  12. skabe Elder

Don't you know? Because its the way of things these days ... you pay double the $$ for half the service/value.

$80 for a year worth of unlimited access and game play was a damn good deal for the extremely limited time it was offered. $80 for an expansion pack and a few useless items that you wont miss in game is a suckers buy never mind what they offer for $120
  13. Zamiam Augur

I purchased 2 year subs at i believe was 71.99 which as you said was a very good deal .. and I also purchased 3 upgrades for my other 3 accounts at $15 for the standard editions of TBM :p which I see i will have to wait for EoK to go on sale .. which it will , they always do..
    $6/mo for all access and $30 for the standard expansion per year isnt a bad way to look at it .. think that works out to alittle over 8 bucks a month. im good
    Tatanka likes this.