EoK - Disappearing Dragons Quest Problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tvarian, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Tvarian Augur

A friend of mine is trying to get this quest done but is running into a problem. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this before and has a fix, or knows what may be going wrong.

Everything is fine until she gets to the harried page. She gets the update dialogue, but does not get the trail that goes to the drachnid cave, and does not get the red X on her map. She's tried to go to the cave hoping it would still work, but it doesn't. So for now, she's completely stuck.

Redoing the task produces the same result for her. She's restarted the whole quest 4 times that I know.

Any ideas?
  2. Ayragon New Member

did she say "suspicious" to the page?
  3. Thraine Augur

I just did this quest on 2 of my alts, got past that part just fine with no hiccups. i would re-read the quest on eqresource and see what your update on your quest says, just double check everything im sure its something simple
  4. sojero One hit wonder

This might be one of the quests where you have to click the blue (?) keyword to continue.
  5. Thraine Augur

yes it is, there is yellow text that shows up in your chat box with one blue bracketed word, gotta click that word
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Other half had an issue with his path, can't remember why he lost the path, was something like a evac or death or something.

Even if you do not have the path you can go to the correct spot and still get the update.

Well it worked for him when he lost his path and mark (was the spide cave update).
  7. Tvarian Augur

Talked to her last night. She was typing in the word suspicious, so I asked her to try it again by clicking on the keyword. We will see if that fixes it.

Also, even though she got the update message but no path or x on her map, going to the cave does not update the quest for her. She did petition, but basically got a reply that said she had to bug report it and that there was nothing they could do to help her.
  8. Belexes ForumQuester

This happened to me before. It comes from not doing every step, there is a step that is easy to miss. It might be what was posted here, I don't remember. I just remember that when I did it again, I realized I didn't follow directions correctly.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

10. Tvarian Augur

Solved. I guess she wasn't getting the proper update from the golum in the step just before the page. I think you have to wait a bit by the golum for it to fully update, which she did it quickly and it wasn't finished that step.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Explore triggers are "fast" but still take a second (literally... they are checked every second, and server lag can probably slow this down). It is entirely possible to move too fast, especially when the explore area is small like it is this particular case.