EoK and newer group missions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shoddy, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Shoddy New Member

Was looking at these missions on alla and was noticing that people were saying about not being able to do them without a full team. Or till higher levels. Specially the before the siege mission from Lceanium.
    I'm coming back to game and will be boxing a SK/SHM/Mage/Mage with rog merc and cleric merc. I plan on progressing through the xpacs from RoF or CoTF. Would those missions from EoK onwards be doable with my team from the group gear from all tiers? Or should I just do merc and partisan and save the missions for a higher level?

Any info would be great. Thanks
  2. Alnitak Augur

Before the siege mission in Lceanium:
    Fight one - kill a named boss sarnak, not really hard to tank, just a lot of HP, not more difficult than an average EoK named.
    Fight two - a tight group of 4 sarnaks spawn and attack Lcea and Thaph Katta. The goal is to keep friendlies alive and kill those attackers. The difficulty - the mobs hit like a truck, 35K per hit. It's difficult to keep healing friendlies if they tank the mobs. So, your group tank will have to aggro and tank all 4 of those sarnaks. You pets can help tanking, of course. Mobs' HP is not high, they die relatively quickly.
    Fight three - a wave of 6 sarnaks spawn and attack the friendlies at the wall breach. Kill the sarnaks any way you can, not difficult. There is an achievement in the mission to kill all the adds yourself and not let any of the friendlies die. not necessary for the win, just a few extra AA's.
    Fourth and the final fight - kill a wave of 7 sarnaks at the northern wall breach. Same deal as before. Nothing remarkable.
    Win.

So, you need a massive healing ability to keep Tsaph and Lcea alive if they tank or tank 4 mobs hitting 35K yourself. At lvl 105 it's notoriously difficult, at 120 it's a breeze.
  3. Razorfall Augur

My pally was TBM BIS group-geared when EoK came out, and got deSTROYED. We could do the other missions pretty well IIRC.

Older missions shouldn't be to bad. I think the HAs are a little harder on live since they changed the way the mobs in HAs scale, but should still be doable.
  4. aozs Augur

SK/shm/mag/mag should be able to handle all missions EoK+. Some are harder than others and might take some effort to figure out, but that comp has enough DPS and survivability to beat the group content in era-appropriate group gear. Some challenger achievements might be quite difficult though, if you were interested in those.
  5. Shoddy New Member

Not so much interested in challenger achievements if they happen cool if not oh well. Just want to progress and see all the content I missed since I've been gone. Mostly about having fun.