enough already dgb...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhiyannon, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiyannon Augur

shoulda, coulda, woulda... no one will ever be happy.

within a week of any expac unlocking, there will be screams for another vote/early unlocking of another expac, and it will happen every single time. no matter what, there will be someone jonesing for more as soon as possible.

at least with this vote they can say it was only people on these servers... righttttt... nope:

but then someone will point out that the bot armies/legit boxers/their aunt's uncle's cousin's roommate have more than one, or people are selling kronos for votes...

they should have set time limits, no options to vote/change once set, either play it or don't on the tlp.

doesn't really matter what time limit, if they had said they would unlock once a month, people would scream just as much for slower.
    Massimo_Bertoxx likes this.
  2. Trey Elder

The only solution I've heard, that I like, so far is to create a server with a FIRM and slow expansion release time-table. Let those that want to rush through content do so, who cares - but let those of us that want to enjoy the game, explore the zones again, and spend time on next classes in new areas do so without feeling like we're in a race or something. 1 month of classic and a move to Kunark is pathetic.
    Massimo_Bertoxx likes this.
  3. Zapsos Augur

No one is buying votes for Kronos... Yes people are joking about it, but that doesn't make it feasible, not only is one vote not gonna matter in the grand scheme of things, unless you are willing to spend hundreds or thousands of Kronos... And even *if* that was the case, why get others to vote when you could just as easily just use that metric ton of Kronos to open up new accounts.

Do Boxers get an extra vote because they pay for multiple accounts? Yes, but nobody in their right mind would try to buy votes, not only is it unlikely to matter, you would also have zero way of controlling that you got what you paid for, since you can change your vote at any time!
  4. MaestroM Augur

There is a big chunk of the population that plays progression servers because they like to play content when its relevant. They get some nostalgic feeling from it and its totally legit. It's why I played.

But there is a side effect of progression. When you play in era content, you have to contest with sockers, griefers, botters, and power gamers, which make it harder for casuals to enjoy the game because they cannot play in-era content casually.

The solution is to have dz/expeditions/equivalent on one server and let the above listed folks have their own server.

It blows my mind that this is a controversial solution. I really don't think there is a legitimate/satisfying explanation for why this can't be the case.
  5. rekais910 Augur

That would be the perfect world of solutions. I've been trying to argue the middle ground solution if they won't open a new server that allows for the instancing of raids. I believe the open world isn't really that bad for the group content even though there is just a metric ton of shbullit going on. It is a bit on the crowded side in some zones. I also feel that something should be done about the abuse/harassment going on with some of the highly contested camps.
  6. Zapsos Augur

I would be all for a firm release table, but only if it goes both ways, the votes goes away completly, and x months after an expansion, the next one comes out, doesn't matter who has beaten what, not voting to see if we wait a little longer, firm means firm.

That way we can avoid the mess that happened on the previous TLP with expansions being held back to great detriment to the more hardcore players. That way everyone knows what to expect from the get go.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Rhiyannon Augur

it doesn't matter if it is true or not, people will claim it.
  8. Rhiyannon Augur

it's already too late for this server... they did learn slightly from fippy... but not enough to not make a similar mistake.
  9. rekais910 Augur

DBG shouldn't be surprised when things go down almost exactly the same as fippy in so many regards. There might even be a rather large exodus of people who hit 60 and just realize they can't make their EQ dreams come true because there is just no access to the content over other players who have more time available to them. I'm sure many people would love to have the experience of having an epic, taking down the raid targets. I'm sure plenty of people would have been just fine if they were allowed to spend 6 monthes in classic. Maybe then DBG would have been able to see just what the problem was that there is not enough of the current content to allow everyone to play (basically there aren't enough raid targets meaning instancing would become increasingly more viable) and instancing of POH and POF would become necessary as well as POS. Otherwise they will start to lose costumers left and right.
    Rhiyannon and Kegwell like this.
  10. Canik Augur

Best fix for me, personally, would be to leave RF to its own devices, and open 1 more new server. With 1 very special rule: No Boxing Allowed. And enforce it.
    Let the people who want to box have RF.
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. Jaxarale01 Augur

"they should have set time limits, no options to vote/change once set, either play it or don't on the tlp"

Shoulda coulda woulda.... see what I did there?
    Lol just messing with ya.

The problem is you are not thinking like a company trying to make money.
    I think they did it on purpose so that those that would balk at a hard 6 months would feel there was a real chance at changing the time frames and they would sub.
    What they did was insure that they got every type of person to sub ( the huge numbers say they did perfectly) to start with.

Now how does that roll into keeping those that came based on the 6 month nostalgia PR? Who knows? They are rolling the dice on it at this point and think the odds are in their favor that not many will quit...

Or...

They are rolling the dice and if Kunark fails they can tell that subset of people... we tried but the majority said... blah blah blah.

It is quite smart... and very manipulative at the same time.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Solkos Augur

You guys keep calling for instancing of all raid encounters but I just don't that that's the right answer. DBG has presented their solution and we just need to see how their solution plays out. I for one am hopeful.

As for my views on instancing, if the solution that will be implemented in July doesn't work than I would hope they would instance 1-2 raid areas per era but NOT all raid areas. 1-2 might create a lot of controversy though sadly.
  13. Rhiyannon Augur

this is not about boxing or instancing, let's leave that out of this discussion, it is only about the timing for the unlocks.
    Hendar2 likes this.
  14. Solkos Augur

There was a huge outcry to make Lockjaw this server you are talking about but sadly that did not happen.
  15. Arrk Augur

DBG is only about the bottom line at this point.

That is why the vote was held till after the first round of resub's.
    That is why they canceled the PNP.
    That is why they allow boxers to run things with no repercussions.

Welcome to the "squeeze every nickel out of it" club...
  16. code-zero Augur

In the original vote people voted for 6 months AND voting later. What's so hard to understand about that? People wanted to have the option to change their minds if they got bored with old content
  17. Rhiyannon Augur

and that's what they didn't learn from fippy.

if they ever do this again... i really hope they just set a time limit like every 3 months(this is an example) on the dot another will unlock, no voting, no changing of their minds.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Gregolo Augur

May I ask you why you're suggesting "either play it [my way] or don't on the tlp", when it was clearly stated the time locks may be re-evaluated if people seemed to desire it? I dunno how many people have to tell you this before it becomes a thing to you.

Just chillax, it's a vote. If the vote passes that means we wanted it. If the vote fails it means we didn't. The server will be better off regardless of the vote's outcome. It will either solidify the original vote and people will make their own decisions thereafter. Or it will reveal how messed up the original vote actually was, and people will make their own decisions thereafter.

People are calling fire when there isn't even smoke. I don't get it.
  19. Dark_Intentions Augur

There will be a huge complaint storm after the vote ends, no matter what. Seriously, it will block out the sun.

But all it takes is one click for them to lock a thread. Daybreak will be like the 300 Spartans, holding back the millions.
    Rhiyannon and Geroblue like this.
  20. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Totally agree.

For the record, I think 6 months is too long for classic. It's fine for other expansion eras but for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam, that content just isn't enough for that length of time 16 years later, IMO.

My concern is the precedent that deviating from the original timeframe sets. If they don't stick with the original 6 months we will be doing this song and dance every couple of months. I can live with early kunark, obviously, personally. But if this happens again in kunark or beyond this will have represented nothing but a big waste of time and money for me, personally, and I know I'm not alone.

You can go blow thru content in a fraction of the time you can here even with no timed unlocks. People don't do it in the numbers that are here because it's empty and simply isn't fun. The numbers are here to avoid that, not to do that here.

I'm fairly confident that the poll numbers will bear this out, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.