End Game Augments

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Toukan, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Toukan Augur

I'm very curious about other's thoughts on end game augments.
    I *FINALLY* got a Jingle Jangle aug, and then agonized over which aug to retire.
    What's the line for AC to HP? How much HP should we be gaining for every bit of AC lost?
    I realize there's an ongoing debate regarding STA or AGI, I don't want this to get sidelined to that. I've gone with STA for years, and it's worked for me. The Jingle Jangle aug has no heroic STA which bugs me a little. Any aug I'm considering retiring does.
    Bottom line, end game tanks, which type 7's do you have?
    After replacing the Gleaming Gem of Felshak with the Jingle Jangle aug (lose 17 ac, gain 500ish hps), this is what I have equipped.
    Artisan's Prize
    Phantasmal Luclinite Gem of Security
    Performer's Lucky Charm
    Smoldering Core of Radir
    Luclinite Ensanguined Gem of Security
    Gem of Chaos
    Sylra's Trinket
    Velium Threaded Gem of Security
    Velium Empowered Gem of Striking (Charm)
    Velium Infused Gem of Security (Range)
    Phantasmal Luclinite Gem of Vigor
    Phantasmal Luclinite Gem of Adroitness
    Jovial Jharin Jingle (Jingle Jangle aug)
    Tegi Contemplation Sphere
    Grisly Skull of Might
    Humongous Corrupted Pincer
    Luclinite Ensanguined Gem of Vigor
    Gooey Shadow Stone
    Fascinating Medicine Doll
    Copper Flecked Geode of Adroitness (Primary)
    Velium Threaded Gem of Vigor(Shield)

Thanks for any constructive input. /salute all of us.
    KarmaKitty and Knifen like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

if you're gearing for maximum HP, there's not much to debate. each hSta is 16hp, each base hp is 1.376hp (base hp is multiplied by Natural Durability + Embrace of the Keepers AAs). the top HP augs are, in order:

Artisan's Prize
    Phantasmal Luclinite Gem of Vigor
    Grisly Skull of Might
    Tegi Contemplation Sphere
    Luclinite Ensanguined Gem of Vigor
    Gooey Shadow Stone
    Fascinating Medicine Doll
    Velium Threaded Gem of Vigor
    Phantasmal Luclinite Gem of Adroitness
    Wrapped Entropy Stone
    Phantasmal Luclinite Gem of Security
    Humongous Corrupted Pincer
    Fantastic Feline Cameo
    Performer's Lucky Charm
    Luclinite Ensanguined Gem of Adroitness
    Jovial Jharin Jingle
    Smoldering Core of Radir
    Copper Flecked Geode of Brilliance
    Tormented Lere
    Luclinite Ensanguined Gem of Security
    Pastletlith's Skill
    Copper Flecked Geode of Adroitness
    Gem of Chaos
    Tooth Fang Earring
    Velium Threaded Gem of Adroitness
    Velium Infused Gem of Vigor
    Sylra's Trinket
    Velium Threaded Gem of Security
    Frozen Piece of the Moon
    Spiked Fang
    Gleaming Gem of Feshlak
    Koshk likes this.
  3. Cadira Augur

One thing to bare in mind, there is no ac to hp ratio. Ac's value is dependant on too many factors to calculate a ratio to hp. In theory, each ac point is worth more hp in raid content since those mobs have higher attack to combat the ac.
  4. alanus Augur

If you ask 100 people, you'll get 100 different answers. If you're focusing on pure HP, it should be easy to calculate like Szilent said, but would you be willing to sacrifice a bit of HP for a lot of hagi?
    Toukan likes this.
  5. Toukan Augur

I accept the gist of this, but surely there's some sort of guideline folks use. Or maybe not as there's been hardly any responses. Thanks for answering.
  6. Nightops Augur

Decide what works best for you. The gain/loss is very trivial when considering one thing over the other. You said ~500hps difference, thats 500hps out of 750k+ or less then 0.15% ?

Soo.. why not compare the Medicine Doll to the Felshak? Thats 27ac +19Hdex vs about 500hps (after the Hsta difference) and 33Hstr. I know where I would go. And its not the same choice you made.

Taking +39 to Heroic dex and+39 to H agil will likely do you more good then +23H Sta on the doll. Considering you are already going H Sta, those +39 H Dex/Agil could be a very big help to your defensives (not to mention +10ac on the aug).

And if that choice is still too hard. You should camp the shield aug in UP during the increased rare spawn holiday time. Then move the vigor gem to primary and drop the geode. You would gain a LOT there too.
    alanus and Toukan like this.
  7. Allayna Augur

Doesn't exist. Can't convince me otherwise. Literal days worth of time spent at the keys farming for 1 aug.

:p
    :D

Mob was up - no PHs
    Firefallizard x 1

A Firefall hollower x 265
    Bedrock Burrower x 7

A soot-specked hawk x 50
    Zero Named

A gloompetal thistle x 15
    Thorn Petal x 2

A Loda Kai guard commander x 47
    Commander Esline x 1

New day:

A Loda Kai guard commander x 309
    Commander Esline x 9

Zero Augs. This doesn't take into account all the other trash around the PHs, just PHs and named....this was also just 3 play sessions within a 36 hour period.... during increased rarespawns. Not just zero radir augs - zero augs. The heroism and fortitude, a visible and a non visible are the typical drops but zero actual augs.

Going to keep a running tally here and maybe post to the bug thread when finished.

Total mob count 1,130.

This drop style is counterproductive for a MMORPG and disincentives group play.
    alanus, Salene_Luclin and Toukan like this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

There are two types of tanks in Norrath: those that choose HDex and those that are wrong.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

I felt that way about the Jingle Aug. Smoldering core was one of the first I got this exp and I have seen enough I filled my 3 and One I gave away. Someone gave me a Jingle aug the other day and the very next day I got one off Firefalllizard.
  10. Cadman Elder

I just go for hDex type 7's generally - for the most part, they're also the highest AC
  11. yeeeeeeet New Member

Game is simple.. hdex does it all.. forget the rest.

hdex protects, hdex attack, hdex makes you cool.

Keep hdex above 2500.. higher the better.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. The real Sandaormo Augur

I have aways used the scientific method of "if it feels like an upgrade, do it" I invite you to ask those I tank for if its working.

A lot of the time the upgrade or down grade is so small you will not even notice it.
    Toukan likes this.
  13. Ozon Augur

Get a different aug for your shield, ie shield specific one.

That's all I got
    Toukan likes this.
  14. Filter Augur

I don't use a shield and go 100% hDex however my war is group only. The dps boost was more significant for me than hAgi and I have my shammy with me where ever I go. If I was raiding and didn't have top tier healing, I would go hAgi to help with mitigation. The aug debate I have every time I get a new aug is probably comical if you were to watch me at my desk with all the different options on the screen. Pretty damn hilarious how long it takes me to make a decision. Then I end up keeping the freaking aug in my bags for months in case I change my mind.
    Ashigaru likes this.
  15. Szilent Augur

you would be wrong to do that
  16. Filter Augur

I'll take your word for it.
  17. fransisco Augur

Wasn't it the case that hagi for warriors only was an option when raid mobs had 100% strike through? But now that they are down to 75% (50% for group mobs) hdex is the better defensive stat for them?
  18. Szilent Augur

Strikethrough impacts the defensive benefits of hDex & hAgi virtually equally. The deciding factor is that hAgi's impact on avoidance & AC is crazily slim, like, "believe in the heart of the numbers" territory, but hDex's impact on melee criticals is not. It's substantial and visible on every parse.

Once hDex is very high? An argument can be made to slide some emphasis over onto hSta, or even hWis, to gain melee & spell/dot shielding respectively. But hAgi doesn't offer tangible benefits like those.
  19. fransisco Augur

Hdex is parry and ripose, while Hagi is dodge. Doesn't that mean strikethrough more heavily impacts hdex?
  20. FYAD Augur

I always go for new expansion augs over older ones. You'll net more stat increases overall. The gains from pumping one stat vs what you would have with all current expansion augs (plus some 1 expansion old augs) is negligible on the parse anyways. The envelope of what is possible in the modern game is very tightly controlled by the devs (ie there is no amount of hAgi that will make you a unhittable dodging god). As such, most of these choices come down to inflating your Magelo rank. If you really want to see power increases, L2P your class better.