enchanter stats

Discussion in 'Casters' started by took2summit, Feb 17, 2016.

1. took2summit New Member

I recently got level 105 and started gearing up in the TBM group gear stuff. I normally tank with my enchanter/wiz box so I been buying the sturdy type 9 aug for the ac and the swiftness type 5 aug for the hagi. I have about 2/3 of my gear upgraded and the other third is significantly worse gear. I currently have about 10500AC and 1350agi. I know with soft caps I am not gaining as much as I can, but I figure any gain in tanking is better than maybe say a gain in mana.

Does anyone that have experience in ench tanking let me know if i should keep pumping up AC and agi or if i should start focusing on hp/mana? I think once I get everything upgraded my AC could be 12000 or so and agi around 1500.
  2. Maxxbuff1 Elder

This is just how I do it. Boost INT/SD and kill the crap before it matters. In truth, once your Veil of the mindshadow, shield of consequence, and runes leave.... you drop like a rock. That AC/Agi doesn't matter at that point, they swing right though it. There is not a single group mob that I have any trouble tanking... even enslaver and damsel.

I posted what my setup for spells in a previous post. It is simple...before fight, epic, unity rune, veil, eldrich rune, shield. then, tash, slow, dichotomic, dot, nuke, rune, nuke, nuke, nuke, rune, etc
  3. RPoo Augur

Hagility > ac > hp > whatever else the aug has is bonus, and sacred prayer shawl of the duke(brell's might).
    Type 3's: Stone of judgement and Tears of Alaris
  4. fransisco Augur

hagility is awesome for enchanters - it increases both your chance to dodge, and your miss change.

Ac does almost nothing for casters (like 6% returns after cap).
    As a caster, its kinda easy. All the other heroics do very little, even hint. Only have to care about hagi
  5. Xikteny Augur

That's how my chanter is geared as well.

Do note that you have to be careful with the new gear/augs; you can un-cap some important mods like avoidance or shielding. Just make sure you watch out for that and maybe use a few different type nines as needed.
  6. took2summit New Member

Can you please elaborate a little more on this? How would I Un-cap an important mob like avoidance or shielding?

Thanks for the help. Also, this is kind of off topic, but there's some quality enchanters in this thread now and I would like some advice. I was told enchanter can tank TBM named and so far every named I've tried to tank have absolutely stomped me. They were both HA named, one was the pestilent warmaster that procs FD and 40k nuke and the other is khaly adan or whatever his name is and he is quad hitting me for 40k and dropping rune + me in 1 to 2 rounds. I understand I may not have the best gear, but I find it hard that ANY enchanter can do this unless I am missing some vital spells/AA's I just don't know bout.

Please do advise :) And feel free to respond as if I am total newb.
  7. Xikteny Augur

Because certain combinations of gear/augs simply don't bear enough of some stats. For example, if you assembled a complete set of type-9-bearing group gear, and filled it with "AC" nines, you would definitely not cap several important mods.
  8. Sindaiann Augur

only way to do it