Enchanter pets

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Aurastrider, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

Mostly asking this question for a chanter friend who was told that giving enchanter pets weapons and gear does not make a difference. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance as always.
  2. Brohg Augur

the summoned animations? of course it makes a difference
  3. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

It does. But if you are expecting nec/mag/bst pet level animations in form of tank ability and dps, you do not get that as a chanter. (No pet focus available) besides, you can otherwise charm something that is much much better depending on where you are playing. ;)
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Awesome thanks for the responses. I assumed a mob pet would be better than the animation one but I don't play a chanter. I just had some extra pet weapons laying around to give to a chanter friend who was under the impression his pet would not gain any benefit from using them. I will tell him to start equipping his pet if he is going to use it instead of a mob pet.
  5. fransisco Augur

Animation is a great helper on my chanter in places I can't charm. My enchanter pulls alot, so I put armor on it and park it at camp. On incoming I send pet at mob incase tank is slow to pick it up.

Also, if you give your pet 2 weapons, it will duel wield.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Enchanter animations a quite OK these days if AAed up, I really like that they can tank a little bit.
  7. strongbus Augur

i use to play a ench as a main and now box one in my group. a aaed/mage pet gear up pet is great for off tanking a add if needed. they can hold their own