Enchanter Gear

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Albytaps, May 28, 2015.

1. Albytaps New Member

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you have any tips on gearing up along the way from low levels to high levels.

I asked in General during the beta and all I got was "learn tailoring."

Well, I plan on it. However, the amount of farming and money spent on leveling it up seems like a bit much for me right now. I rather do it at higher levels when it's not as dangerous and I have some money to spend. I also read I should learn Brewing and Smithing.

So my main question is, are there any quests a low level ENC can do to gear up? I know it may be time consuming but I rather spend my time questing than Tailoring. I've trying looking it up but it's hard to get classic EQ help, it's mostly directed towards the newer game.

I already bought some cheap rings and a necklace that I am very happy about. I'm looking to get bracers next and hopefully some earrings in the near future. The problem is that I also found out I need to spend about 50pp on the level 16 AOE Mez spell. That's plat I don't even have yet at level 14.

I'm open to any non sarcastic suggestions. It's hard to get a real answer in game as everyone thinks they're a comedian.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Albytaps New Member

I guess I should add that I'm on Ragefire, I keep thinking that this forum is dedicated to the Time locked progression server. So please keep this in mind, I'm looking for classic EQ quests.

The only quests I've done so far are the orc belts for xp and coin.
  3. moogs Augur

Hi and welcome. It's been a long time since I was new and starting fresh. I remember using cloth items that I looted for a long time. But someone pointed out a few weeks ago that there's an excellent wiki that was made by the Project 1999 folks which contains a lot of info relevant to the new progression servers. I found this in about 10 seconds on Google. Give it a look.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear#Enchanter
  4. Belkar_OotS Augur

My "general" suggestion would be to pick an area you want to explore, and then go to allakhazam's and look up the quests associated with that zone. Work through any that catch your interest.

Players are much more powerful than they were before, and the gear is largely 3AC! and similiarly not that powerful. I'd not worry about pressing hard for the gear, and focus more on exploring the content with others.
  5. Random_Enchanter Augur

Look into the Temple of Solsek Ro Quests.

Beyond that, the same thing that was said here works as well. Really, as an enchanter though, if you know your spells well and how they interact with each other, You shouldn't have need for extremely high end gear.
  6. RPoo Augur

If you're going to be charming, charisma will be important, otherwise int and mana are extremely important.
    Silv likes this.
  7. Albytaps New Member

Thank you for the responses. I've also asked in game and received responses such as Incadescent gear and Mystic Cloak.

Now, I asked this at level 29 and when people responded I asked if it was soloable at 29. They responded yes.

So now at level 36, I started a couple of these quests. I did however run into some trouble. Some of which I think I could work out, some of which I may need a level or 2 to do.

I guess the hardest one so far has been the Named Dark elf in Mistmoore that drops a rune for the Incandescent Mask quest. I tried pulling her and her gargoyle friends came along and they resisted my mez spells. I also got an add that was patrolling. My bad I guess. Any way I can do this part easier? Should I be Calming the Gargoyles?

Also, I went into CT to look for the Radiant and the Silvered guards for the gloves and wand. I was able to loot the Radiant Gloves from a rotting corpse of a radiant that someone kindly told me was there. But then I could get no help finding where the silvered guards were. I had read they were by the Radiant, but that group that helped me with the gloves told me they spawned by the pyramid. So I went off to the pyramid, ran around it, and either lost invis or something saw through invis and got aggro'd. Again, my mez failed me and I died right there.

I find it hard to believe at 29 I could have solo'd these quests. I also tried killing a shadowed man and did, but had to run for it because it seems they always come in packs. I mezzed his friends and got the kill off before I had to run for cover.

I guess my play was overall a bit sloppy. Hopefully I can get this done soon.

Thanks again.
  8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Ya, a lot of us have been playing for more than a decade, so what we could do with a level 29 Enchanter is very different from what a real, actual level 29 Enchanter is capable of.
    Silv likes this.