Enchanter Epic - Please reconsider

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grimblekin, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Grimblekin Journeyman

Well it worked for the SK epic, maybe we can possible get things reevaluated about the enchanter epic.
    I've been looking for Verina Tomb for a month now, and every time I log in there are typically 10 or more people sitting in her room waiting for her to spawn. This screenshot was taken today, and it has been like this constantly throughout Kunark.
    [IMG]
    To echo another post made by this about 3 months ago, the reasons for the difficulty with the enchanter epic are multiple.
    • Ground spawns are 24-hour windows and you need several
    • Wraith of the Shissar is an up to 36-hour window and is not up forever, depops if not killed and only spawns in Open World main pick.
    • Cazel 7 - 24 hours
    • Vessil is 36-hour window
    • Verina 48-52 hour window
    • Tangrin is up to 24-hour window
    • Felia can be troublesome and take days if other people are in the zone and mess up your cycle
    • Take into account that each Xpac is a 3-month window up to PoP + the fact that ENC is a highly played class resulting in all the above mobs/ground spawns being highly contested and sort after.
    • Multi-Questing this Epic is impossible due to combines required in bags, where several other Epics can be completed in mere hours due to being able to be Multi-Quested.
    I can see one bottleneck in an epic; though nowadays most epic bottlenecks are 4-6 hours. This epic has multiple multi-day bottlenecks which is unrealistic unless you are extremely lucky or have the backing of a box army of mages.

While I think everyone appreciates what you guys did in changing the SK epic for the better, please also consider some changes with these multiple bottlenecks with the enchanter epic as well.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Ha, the devs also said they are working on the other epics as they can, and if people start complaining like you are now, they'd pull thr SK epic fix until they got all of them fixed. You may be the reason Marl goes back to the way he was.
  3. Grimblekin Journeyman

That's cool, you can blame me for dev's not fixing an ongoing problem that's 20 years old :) Surely it's not the 500 other posts in the past about the same issues :)
  4. Cukernaut Journeyman

Having done the sk and enchanter epics in era, i will say that the enchanter epic is actually worse imho.

That being said, your timers are wrong and you are going about some things the wrong way.

It is possible to get cute on some of this stuff. Regardless, I would support a shortened spawn window for the big 3 enchanter mobs specifically by about a factor of 1.5x to 2x
  5. a_librarian Augur

I don't think Prathun's post meant pulling the Marl change after it already went live. I don't see anything wrong with this thread besides the weird small font.

Just adding my two cents, I play enchanter on Agnarr and Coirnav and I just consider this quest dead content to me. Super highly contested stuff is just too toxic and horrible to deal with, and I understand the epic quest is loaded with it, so I haven't bothered to start the quest.

Removing toxic bottlenecks is a good thing for the entire server and for future progression servers. There's a lot of toxicity that is not easily fixed (RMTers, hackers, pick hopping KSers) but epic bottlenecks are totally solvable
    snailish likes this.
  6. Koniku Elder

I'd like to point out that the tickets to fix wizard and enchanter epics were put in a full year before the marl one. I guess that tells us if you want something to be done you better complain on the forums non-stop for it to happen. Fix both, don't forget about the wizards.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Having done the chanter epic on Phinny in era, i can say VT and Vessal need reduced spawn timers and Wraith should be made to spawn in the instance. The rest of the epic is fine. Even if those 3 parts didn't exist at all it would still be 2x times the most time consuming epic to complete with the recent changes to Marl.
  8. a_librarian Augur

Marl made sense to prioritize over the others. Racing to do a turn in to a quest giver is just plain dumb for a lot of reasons. The other class bottlenecks at least are DPS races which sucks and causes tons of toxic behavior, but it's part of the modern game now. Trying to suggest the SK epic change is about favoritism or unfair to you is just not productive. Everyone benefits when the devs can target easy fixes that remove toxic hellcamps from the game
    Azereki likes this.
  9. Grimblekin Journeyman

Haha I actually changed the font smaller because I have a new computer and the zoom was set super high. I kept reading it and thinking "my god that font is huge" and changed it smaller.
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

The Good Prathun Giveth, The Good Prathun Taketh Away.
  11. Azereki New Member

Hope they find time to address your epic issues as well. Just be patient with them. I'm sure they have limited resources and it's unlikely that the correct fixes are as simple as just changing a few number values and calling it a day. Obviously they've already recognized there are problems with other epics and would like to address them, so at least you know the requests aren't falling on deaf ears. Hopefully the fixes will happen for you sooner rather than later.
  12. snailish Augur

I'm in favour of Epics being smoothed out in-era. Enchanter needs help for sure. There are others. Imagine the mess if no epic was multiquestable --there would be far more forum rage.

I'd also like to see Epic 1.0 made obtainable via alternative routes at a later era. LDoN could be perfect, since you have to do content to get the points... why not put various epic drops on LDoN vendors? A relatively easy drop like Cazel's spoon could be 200 adventure points. Sky drops would be much higher and so on.
  13. doah Augur

This has been complained about since Day1 of it being implemented. Good Luck in your quest many have been down this road and have failed.
  14. Koniku Elder

I agree. Which is why the wiz/enc/sk epics should have been fixed when it became clear it was an issue on phinny instead of letting another 2 servers suffer through it. I have nothing against SK's getting their stuff fixed, otherwise I would have complained about it in that thread to call the bluff. My comment was more about saying keep this thread on the first page if you want the change to actually happen.
  15. a_librarian Augur

I see your point, though we really have no idea what caused the Marl change to be prioritized. You're right the thread was important but I'd guess there were other factors. Maybe people were unsubscribing or flooded them with petitions about hacking and people using automation to get the turn in first. Or a dev went and experienced it firsthand, and the scope of the change was small enough to push quickly?

I guess the true box TLP concept has matured a lot since Phinny started it, so now they're less reluctant to make these changes. Or they realize they have to make some changes to keep subscribers happy.
  16. Midnitewolf Augur

I was actually advised by an Enchanter buddy of mine who just completed the epic to no even do the epic on my Enchanter. He said it was one of the worst experiences he had in game and that the epic isn't even that good considering the effort involve. I am not sure how things would work out if I skipped on doing my Epic but I wonder if at the rate the expansions are being released and the item power creep that comes along with it, that there might not be someone as good or better available from a simple drop. I know that back in the day with my Ranger, by the time I had acquired the first of the two swords, there were already fairly common drops that were as good or better.
  17. Grimblekin Journeyman

That pretty much summarizes the problem with the chanter epic.

Most of the other epic quests are achievable without a TON of frustration and aren't just mindnumbingly miserable to do.

When a quest is so ridiculously unbalanced and difficult that almost every enchanter who does it says "don't do it it's not worth my time, was the worst experience i've had playing the game" then something should be done.
  18. Lallainye New Member

Enchanter ground spawns are actually 36 1/2 hours. (Speaking from experience, doing it on Agnarr.)
  19. Kenzek New Member

Same thing on Agnarr and we are all the way in PoP...Still have 2-4 people sitting around Verina Tomb spawn in Neriak at all times. I'd imagine the original devs didn't have TLP servers in mind when designing the quest...it's time for an update.

I personally am not going to sit around AFK, wasting my real life, at a several day spawn, only to fight a bunch of other people when it finally does spawn. That resembles P99, and everyone who has played end-game there knows how toxic it is. If I show up to check and VT is up then great, but that isn't very likely. No luck in two weeks, and I check 5-6 times a day.

It really sucks the fun out of the game when stuff like this is still implemented. It is not fair to the community as a whole that some epic quests are designed in a way that creates enemies between players. Please update this sooner rather than later!
  20. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Has there been any update on this?