[Enchanter] - Best use of raid currency?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Astran, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Astran Elder

So my enchanter is starting to get some raid time in CotF. I've only been able to get a back item so far, but I'm starting to rack up a fair bit of raid currency. What slots offer the best improvements from group gear to raid gear? My first thoughts were to get legs for the detrimental cast time improvement, then maybe an ear for the detrimental duration and a wrist for the increased chromatic focus. Any thoughts?
  2. Dandin Augur

Robe -- Legs -- Wrist in that order for visibles
    Back, Ears and Shoulders for focuses and clicks.

Build yourself defensively first. You need to consider your robe clicks for your group. After that, consider defensibility and focuses to increase your range and duration.

In terms of focuses, your Wrists should be the last focus you grab
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

I used raidloot.com for my toon (wiz is current)
    looked at what slots have focus and clicks.
    What slots did not.
    Cost of spells vs invisable and visable gear.

You should look at surviabality - clicky AC/HP ect - see what can over lap before buying two clicks that dont overlap.
    what is your biggest upgrade (poorest gear slot)

After you raided a while you should try to use the
    highest raid coin - focus, clickys
    lowest raid coin - spells - invisable gear- visable gear with no focus or clicks.

good luck
    happy hunting
  4. Astran Elder

Just for reference, my enchanter is currently in full CotF group gear, except for the CotF raid cloak and the PoWar belt. The enchanter is exclusively grouped with magicians and wizards on raids.

I appreciate all the feedback so far!
  5. RPoo Augur

[IMG]
    I'd upgrade focuses then clickies in order of most sucky piece of gear to least sucky.
    EverChanter likes this.
  6. Filatal Augur

Robe is probably a large upgrade from group to raid, though I haven't really looked at the numbers and compared all the different slots. However, it is a) expensive and b) (currently) has no useful focus and a marginally useful click. The cost isn't justified for someone that isn't going to deck themselves out fully when you can get at least 2 if not 5 ( if all T1a items ) for the same price as the robe.

My current feelings on the most important focus are these: Detrimental Duration ( ear ), Chromatic Focus ( wrist ), Beneficial Preservation ( ring ), Detrimental Haste ( legs ). In pretty much that order. Note that the ring you need to get will be outside the "best for enchanter" rings as ours is Beneficial Range. Depending on exactly what you like the most, the Beast, Bard, or Int Caster ring will likely be the most attractive for the Preservation focus.

You can make an argument for all of the focus and this is just my feeling this morning. I may change my priorities by this afternoon just because they are all so close in terms of usefulness to what I am trying to do.
    Narye likes this.
  7. Trajet D'Or Augur

Best purchases depend more on the gear level and loot system of your guild than your gear.

Weapons are almost always a bad purchase, Charms are almost always a good purchase.

T1A: Head, Wrist, Hand, Leg, Ear, Face, Shoulder and Range.

If your guild has been beating the raids that reward you with 10 currency for all of 2014 or even longer with a fairly stable roster in anything but a fixed price DKP system you don't want to buy those slots. There will be low bidding or few tells on those items.

Just get the cheapest DKP items for those slots or send tells on pretty much anything for that slot. You're not likely to get War/Pal/SK or Clr/Dru items as those two archetypes have the highest demand but even a Zerk archetype non-vis is way better than any piece of group gear.

If the guild has set DKP prices for items, has only fairly recently starting beating CotF raids, has a really large roster and/or lots of turnover then you will want to buy those slots as they are much cheaper than T1B slots.

T1B: BP, Arm, Feet, Neck, Finger, Back, Waist, Shield

When getting those items as drops it's a really good idea to consider similar archetypes. If you prefer Enc items consider bidding or sending tells for Nec/Shm and Wiz/Mage items. If you prefer tank items consider bidding or sending tells for Bard and Rog items.

These items will remain best in slot for 3-4 months other than possibly some items from the PoWar raid and being a new member or recent class change you're not likely to get PoWar drops so being somewhat fussy about archetype makes more sense but if you see "2nd call no tells" or someone about to win a drop for a low DKP cost that Zerk archetype item is still way better than your group gear.

There are the slots you want to buy if you're getting the T1A items as drops fairly quickly from the guild.

Focus upgrades will happen, other than making sure one of your Rings is Bene Pres especially after the huge upgrade to Runes last patch don't worry about it. Don't pay more DKP to rush to get 47-100 Damage focus or 1-22 Det Pres you will get them soon enough, first priority is piling on as many upgrades as you can so you don't die to AE.
  8. Dandin Augur

Well. If your gearing up defensibly, you cannot neglect the Dodge focus on your range slot. Which Renaii's lovely diagram seems to neglect.
  9. RPoo Augur

10. Random_Enchanter Augur

it also can exist in the neck slot
  11. Apocalyps Elder

Personally i have my chanter set in all my non vis items i can i have tank gear and ac augs i never have mana issues etc