Enchanter - All spells in the Color Flux line now share the same timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PVPme, Apr 13, 2021.

1. PVPme Augur

LOL. Weak nerf.

If you're gonna swing the bat, swing it hard Daybreak. Now I just gotta have like 4 enchanters when I AoE instead of 2..
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wow... this is the proverbial cannon to kill a mosquito. Sad really because outside of Deep/Seb AE groups these spells really made some good encounters where death was certain.
  3. Aegir Augur

Think of this nerf, when Aradune guilds are going to do Ukun Bloodfeaster in Txevu.
    Dre., Iyacc, Zinth and 2 others like this.
  4. Xhartor Augur

Fascination the level 52 AE mezz also works on that encounter. Using the extended target window and pretargetting the maulers should make it easy to avoid mez breaks. Queen Sendaii is probably a better example of an encounter that gets blown up by the suggested change. The spider ring PoAir is also alot more choatic with mezzing instead of stunning.

The submitter clearly doesn't understand the impact this change would have on the legacy raiding game. AE stunning is a staple of efficiently clearing trash on most of the Luclin raids.

Would also kill doing the MB with a low character count.
    Dre. and Aegir like this.
  5. a_librarian Augur

If the intent is stopping AE grinding this should be a target cap not a shared recast. This change just ups the coordination requirement.

Whatever change is made ought to be era locked and removed on a server by LDoN or GoD. Feels bad to see permanent changes to temporary TLP problems.
  6. Aegir Augur

Ah yeah, forgot they buffed up AE Mezz not so long ago. We didn't have that luxury on Phinigel! :)
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

AE stun lock has been slain by ForumQuest!
    Your faction standing with Karens has increased by 100.
    Your faction standing with AE PLers has decreased by 100.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Well, this is certainly an interesting change. They already share a timer at higher levels, but interesting it is happening at lower levels. Would be nice if they raided the level limit on the level 52 stun as it has very little purpose now vs the level 43 one. More than twice the mana and all it adds is a 100 mana drain. Since the level 63 version works on mobs up to level 65, maybe make the 52 version work on mobs up to 59?
  9. Krasis New Member

Brutal change. I bet they didn't even think of sendai/ukun.
  10. Montag Augur

Please don't do this.

One by one removing all the neat things that only exist in this game.
    Dre., Yonson and Duder like this.
  11. KrakenReality Augur

Garbage developers. This makes Mearatas tougher for any guilds going through it. Just make the stupid Deep mobs stun immune.
  12. Dirkman Journeyman

Its not just the deep mobs. Its SolA, then Lower Guk, then Sebilis, then The Deep, then Plane of Innovation.

Just make all PBAE spells lvl 1-70 hit a max of 8 mobs, would fix the problem completely.
    Siah likes this.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Then you have to adjust every raid with adds that can be stunned or adds that need to use stuns for bane damage.
  14. brickz Augur

man, they really don't want people playing enc as anything other than a buff box
    Dre., Yonson and Duder like this.
  15. SunDrake Augur

Seems entirely unnecessary after 22 years, and I would agree, removes a fun gameplay component in the early TLP era.
  16. Rcbauer Augur

GOOD! Everyone knows the AE groups are nothing but RMTers.
    I say bout time.
    Xanathol likes this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

So will we see lots of little Xp groups in the deep now?
  18. Machen New Member

Unfortunately, I think the correct language is "the change this WILL have..." For something like this, if it's in the test patch notes, it's going live.

DPG straight up screwed the pooch on this decision. Fortunately the game is so easy now that the encounters that used to require ae stun, players will be able to find another way. But, good luck finding enchanter mains for the level 65-90 eras when DPG just took away the only thing besides buffing they were ever really needed for.
  19. Machen New Member

You do know these spells were used outside that one zone, right?

Never mind, of course you don't.
    Accipiter, Appren, Duder and 2 others like this.
  20. brickz Augur

upon further consideration this change sucks for wizards more than enchanters. enchanters still have a few good expansions where charm is op, wizards are just subpar at everything if they can't piggyback off enchanters to aoe.
    GoFigure likes this.