Enchant Cosgrite x 1 scroll not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by shawnpcaudill, Mar 7, 2024.

1. shawnpcaudill New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Thu Mar 07 05:35:09 2024

Character: Level 85 Paladin (Main)
    Zone: The Bazaar

Description: I tried to use Enchant Cosgrite x 1 spell on my enchanter. First time I could not find the spell even though the spell scroll disappeared and it said I used it. So when I could not find it, I made another copy, same thing, used scroll, but didn't let my chanter learn the spell even though the scroll disappeared and a message saying I learned something appeared.
  2. chronicler Augur

Check in aa, special
    Yinla, Svann2, Shea and 2 others like this.
  3. Shea Lorekeeper

Those enchant metal spells aren't actually spells that you can scribe. They add the AA ability under the "Special" tab as mentioned above. You have to go there and make an AA hotkey to use it. You can't use it like a normal spell like you do with the older enchant metals (Platinum/Gold/etc.)
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think when you scribe those "spells", it says you've learned a new ability, as opposed to a spell. That's usually a good indication that it's an AA, especially on a caster.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. shawnpcaudill New Member

It only says you learn something new, and since im an old school player, never heard of spell scrolls turning into aa's before. There is a chance it mentioned an aa when I used the scroll the first time and I didn't notice it because I wasn't expecting it. But as you all said, there it is. Thanks for the info.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

So far, it's only the enchanter expansion jewelcraft "metal" enchants that are actually aas. But they could add others at any time if they saw the need. It adds one more thing to research to keep it relevant and still get at least one of your toons to 350.

All of the enchant metal aa scrolls always start with Ability so it's pretty easy to (a) find in the bazaar or (b) find in your inventory, house items list, etc.