Enc - Timers on Azure/Sanguine Mind Crystals

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Havanap, May 21, 2015.

1. Havanap Elder

Prior to the AA upgrade that gave us the Rk4 Azure and Sanguine Crystals, their net use was as follows:
    Azure3 - save a little mana for later. No point in chain casting it, as the mana cost is greater than the mana returned. Weak mod rod.
    Sanguine3 - mana to HP conversion (heal) - provide an effective but mana expensive way for an enchanter to self heal, by summoning and chomping down many of these suckers quickly.

Then Rk4 broke things by having Azure returning more mana than it cost. Sanguine seemed to be a little too mana efficient, but not majorly broken like Azure.

A simple way to fix this would have been to change the mana cost and efficiency. Make Azure4 cost more than it returns. Make Sanguine4 a bit less efficient. And great, recently this was implemented.

However, there is also now a timer on both casting and consuming crystals. This doesn't really affect the net use of the Azure crystal (the mana change fixed that), but it alters the net use of the Sanguine crystal considerably, and unfortunately it makes it nearly useless, allowing a single use every five minutes.

I suggest that changes to mana cost are sufficient to bring this important line of AAs back in line with the way it has always worked, and that adding a timer was not needed. Please reconsider!
    RPoo likes this.
  2. Reval Augur

I'll go as far as to say that if you disagree with this guy you may have a vitamin deficiency. Sanguine mind crystals heal 9k health. So now that's 9k health every 5 minutes as an ability. With a cast time! Even just putting in the cast time makes this the most useless thing I've ever seen. You might as well be spamming a kunark breastplate hoping to outlive a dot if you're using sanguines with a cast time added to them.

Enchanters have to have enough survivability to do their job on raids and this WAS a part of that. Unless you're going to code it so that runes absorb all dot damage, I would say that this is something that for many people is necessary to revert back to the way that it was.
    Lily, silku and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  3. Random_Enchanter Augur

My body's state and my mental state (or lack there of for both) should have nothing to do with my outlook on this!

That being stated, Personally i would prefer sanguine crystal to have no timer, or a very small one (~6 seconds?) and let azure generate mana (6-7k) on a timer, like a QM combined with a mod rod.
  4. Reval Augur

You'd be surprised how much the body can affect the mind.

Let's deconstruct the costs of sanguine mind crystals for a second.
    -You're already paying mana about equal to the amount of health you gain. This is a huge cost. Consider that a healer can heal you to full health for what? 3% mana? Even if my original estimates are wrong, how much more than 3% mana are you spending if you had to heal yourself for say 100k?

-Even with no cast time, if you're spamming them, healers can heal faster than they work due to the slight recast the aa has always had (which I think is fair, it was a very small amount of time).

These two things combined make it a pretty large cost to heal yourself with. Any real sustained use of this is going to drastically hurt your abilities in a raid, or rely on others for mana that could have gone towards something much more efficient.

I'll be fair in noting that second spire and robe click go to the whole group, so this is a bit skewed, but consider what you're saying about Azure crystals as well. 6-7k mana when you think about it is pretty low. Mage's mod rods don't take mana for you to cast, can be used by every member of the raid fairly often, and give them all the same amount of mana that Azuur Mind Crystals do, and have a much more useful cost than Azuur Mind Crystals. QM DESTROYS MANA DRAW IN EVERY RESPECT. Mana draw returns 43k mana once every half hour to you including the recourse. Quiet Miracle is 30k mana every what? 10 minutes? That's 90k mana with the ability to give to other people vs 43k mana. Honestly just based off of that I could make a case for reverting azuur fully back to how they were lol enchanters are the class that has clarity, great mana regeneration is a class defining ability and here you have clerics doing this? Heck lets add current Azuur mind crystals to mana draw. Now it's like 50k mana back. Add in second spire and the robes to that.. That's about 10k mana every 10 minutes, so we're up to 80k. And the cleric still gets 90k. This one cleric ability is giving more mana than every fast mana giving ability that we have. They also get Veturika's preserverance which is an additional 15k every 10 minutes, but self only (max they can give to themselves in 30 minutes: 135k) . I'm fine with making the game more fun to play for clerics, but if you think that how enchanters are doing in comparison is reasonable (barring the previously admittedly broken azure mind crystal situation) I would like to introduce you to my good friends Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble.
    Eriadoc likes this.
  5. Narye Augur

Elidroth, you said you had great ideas for enchanter class, that you'd take care of us and give us some fun ... And all your ideas were pretty good, so.. one question..?

What happened?
  6. silku Augur

I wish we could 'tag' people in posts. I'd like to really see what's going on behind the scenes instead of getting these videos that keep promising fun, but never delivering.
  7. Dreamrider Elder

This happened:

[IMG]

This is what happens whenever new management comes in: directions change, priorities shift, some good, some bad, it depends upon your point of view (management or consumer). Any statements of loyalty or allegiance made prior to Columbus Nova buying Sony Online Entertainment from Sony should no longer be assumed.

Elidroth may have new instructions to observe which may no longer coincide with what you desire.

One has to wait and see what is said/written from Daybreak and what actually occurs.
  8. Tyraxor Augur

Another voice for the Sanguine crystal changes are plain stupid.
    Next idea please or just reverse the change, or you might as well remove them completely if you put a small heal on 5min timers.