Emote messages

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cosmic, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Cosmic New Member

Not sure where to put this question so hopefully this is ok.
    I've recently keybound a lot of spells/disc/aas and so on to a couple of keys only to help with raid burns ect , but because they can't all fire off at once I get a long string of "you can't cast/use this ability now" type messages in my emote window making it tricky to see actual named mob emotes .. is there any way of filtering out the spam message so I can use the couple of keys still but don't get the you cant use message
  2. Leex Pewpewer

Download Gina...

You are welcome!
    Viper1, Iila and Silv like this.
  3. Iila Augur

I bet somewhere around 30% of my log file is 'You can't use this ability right now' messages.
    Quuq, Nniki, roguerunner and 6 others like this.
  4. Silv Augur

Or be a rebel like me and use in-game ATs! Snap!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Tobin and Taiqwon like this.
  5. Iila Augur

183,443 lines are "You can't use that command right now", and 145,248 are "You haven't recovered yet". 328,691 out of 1,204,332 total lines or 27%.
    Nniki, Dre., Crystilla and 4 others like this.
  6. Viper1 Augur

If "the game" is to try and read those dumb emotes as they fly off your screen in the blink of an eye, then we all would have quit years ago. So it's a good thing your opinion of cheating is not shared by DBG.
    Ssdar, ---Xislaben---, Kiillz and 4 others like this.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Mine are about the same lol
  8. Leex Pewpewer

Well, considering the devs who made this game don't consider it cheating, you might be alone on that one bud.

I love the fact I can setup timers and such to let me know what's going on. Yes you can track the situation without, but it becomes more easily manageable when you use them.
    Mintalie and Tatanka like this.
  9. Klak Augur

? Thats like saying using gamparse to know how to dps better is cheating. Just silly.
  10. Repthor Augur

the ingame AT system is not very practical after u have about 200 ATs its starst behaveing weird

maybe if emotes where better colsolidated in to the same filter you whould have a leg to stand on but even then its far feached. as it stands right now there 7 diffrent filters devs likes to put emotes in and u just cant track all the places, some of the filters gets spammed to all H E L L

as far as skill tracking thats just a nice to have considderign we are so limited on botton space

and if we are not allowed to read the logfile. (thats all Gina does or Gtt or whatever u use that has anythign to do with the game all the other stuff is extra) they should not have created one in the first place.
    Geri_Petrovna and Iila like this.
  11. Minato Augur

haha probably 80% here
  12. Axxius Augur

filter.bat:
    Code:
    find /v "You haven't recovered yet..." %1 > filter1.tmp
    find /v "You can use the ability" filter1.tmp > filter2.tmp
    find /v "You can't use that command" filter2.tmp > %1
    del filter1.tmp
    del filter2.tmp
    > filter eqlog_name_server.txt

Close GINA before running that though.
    Dre. likes this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I wrote a little program years ago to clean log files of that junk before I archive them.
  14. Randragon Augur

Yeah, I would love to know a way to filter those messages out in game myself. If there was a way.
  15. Iila Augur

The same 3 lines being repeated over and over compresses down really well. I guess clipping them out might speed up loading old log files? But losing tens of MB in space on compressed logs every year isn't very concerning to me.

Whatever chat window gets those messages filtered to it is going to be completely useless for reading any important messages. I think some emotes go to that filter? Luckily I have GINA, cause which filter emotes fall under seems to be randomly decided for each raid.
  16. Repthor Augur

if u dont have close to 200 dirent ATs at this point i dont know what to tell you. and why should i have to turn them off cuz they cant program their stuff to work the whole point with AT is to alert you of spesific things when they happen not haveing to turn them on/off cuz the system cant handle to filter them all without lagging you to bits cuz of old code

you mean the same timers you could assing to any one botton on your bar with the time command code

i whould like to play the game with my emotes comming in the ONE selected filter only, thats the game i whould like to play and the game where we dident have to battle the bugs to win events. Play the game where we had enough content to keep us busy for a full expansion cycle. Play the game where my skills dont bug out or randomly lock out my skill barrs and abilitys after getting to many rezzes in hover mode or where ppl constantly go LD zoneing or where corpses poof with augs on them due to script corpse deleting errors (hi Anasti Sul, Ensaver of souls raid). or something as simple as assigning right icons on items, hail Leatherfoot Sandals(shoulder item with feet name and grafix)
    Kiillz likes this.
  17. Mintalie Augur

Or you can get an infuriating "space" bug, like I had on one of my toons for several years where it randomly added multiple spaces onto the ends of random ATs, thus rendering them useless, and I would have to manually go through and delete said spaces each time I logged in. This was before I knew about GINA.

God I love GINA.
    Axxius and Iila like this.
  18. Leex Pewpewer

I just find it funny he equates using gina to cheating, might as well include gamparse in that as well eh?

You also just called most high end raiders ( including people in your guild ) cheaters..

The reality is gina isn't a cheating program, the devs don't even consider it that. It's a log reader with audio and a visual display( If you so choose ), period. If you don't want to use it, or don't like using it and your guild doesn't require it, then don't. But don't come here and give false information such as it's cheating, or your opinion on why you think it's cheating.

Some people from Luclin just make me laugh, there is actually another guy on that server that will argue till he's blue that gamparse is total hax. It's in the water!! ( Maybe they are originally from Veeshan ! )
  19. Leex Pewpewer

Hey new member who is scared to post on their main account, this must have taken you a little time to dig up, I'm pleased I have a fan.

I actually summoned my own water, you know being a Mage an all, it's why I was able to avoid being an unskilled slacker, who doesn't understand the difference between cheating, and enhanced game play.
    Mintalie and Silv like this.
  20. Iila Augur

Seeing posts in guild recruitment threads by people who are now in different guilds is one of the best parts of that forum.
  21. Leex Pewpewer

Oooh but it very much IS a matter of you being my fan, you took the time to look my old guild up, screen shot the post to copy it into this thread. And the less time it took the more of a fan you are, as you already knew exactly where to look. Don't be ashamed of being a fan boy, it fits you well Natti/Triconix -http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af101/Triconix/Capture.png

I'm not sure I agree with you, I think having randoms get upset with you for saying something and then making a new account to pester you might be a tad bit better. Personal preference I guess.