Emollious achievement still broken (lolz)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Triconix, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Triconix Augur

Title says it all.

Killed all the adds in about 50 seconds or so and didn't get the achievement! (go figure)

I'm not sure how many times we have to "achieve" this achievement for us to actually get credit for it.
  2. Maedhros High King

Thats a bummer, we got it on July 17th for the first time ever (besides when it bugged and gave it to us while trying for None May Fall). I was hoping the crap was actually fixed, maybe we just got lucky. Was really looking forward to getting None May Fall next week for the first time (Other than that time we got it while trying for All Must Fall)
    What a sorry sorry raid.
  3. Spiffy Duu New Member

I agree with Maedhros 100%!
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Maybe trying to achieve the unachievable *is* the achievement!? And the reward is that warm feeling inside for giving it your all?

^ . ^
  5. Maedhros High King

2nd time ever!
  6. Grummy_NB Augur

Any dev comment on this or is still just going to stay broken?
  7. Cicelee Augur

I cannot speak for my guild, but nothing would make me happier than for a EQ dev to watch us do this raid and then tell us if we did it correctly or not to get the achievement. Because we honestly swear up and down for the past several months that we are doing it the exact same way as everyone else and not getting it.

If the dev says "No you did it wrong to get the achievement" then at least we know. Or the dev can say "Yeah you did it right but you did not get it, let me look into it". Either way, at least we know instead of continually being frustrated at this...

Edit- I am not looking for a hand out or super leet strats (pretty sure we have them already). Just a simple yes/no on if we did the event the correct way to get the achievement...
  8. Zimmzimbob Journeyman

Working as intendedâ„¢
    Elricvonclief and EnchFWO like this.
  9. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I was watching a stream on Twitch, where they were having the same problem. Was the 30th time? (stated by the streamer) they tried to get the clearing achievement. Thankfully, on stream they got it.

But still sounds like a problem. Hope you get it soon.
  10. Hostility Elder

We killed all adds tonight a solid 20-30 seconds before the boss emoted. Still no achievement
  11. Axxius Augur

Check your log and count how many invaders you killed. It wasn't 14, was it? ;)
    (see the other thread)
  12. Triconix Augur

No, and I'm sick of talking in circles about this stupid event. We kill 15 mobs every dam time and in less than 80 seconds ever dam time. I'm not sure why some people refuse to believe the information that's given. Nobody on Luclin has gotten the achievement (AFAIK) unless they came from another server after getting it.

I would like a dev to join us (Inverse Logic) on our Emollious raid tonight and witness first hand that every single achievement on this event is broken for us. We have "achieved" them so often yet never get them. Even the achievement where we let all the mobs live until they're buffed up doesn't work, None May Fall or whatever it's called.

We have tanks stand at the spawn points and aggro so they all warp. We bunch them up and AE kill them down. We wait a good long while for Emollious to spawn. We kill him and what do you know, No achievements given!

Or we kite the adds around until Emollious spawns. We continue until the adds are buffed then kill them. We then kill Emollious. Guess what happens?...Yep, no achievements again!
    Sindaiann likes this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

What Axxius is saying is that they get the achievement when they kill 14. I know the guild I am in routinely kills 15 and hasn't received the achievement like IL.

Now I am not sure how not to spawn 15 and only spawn 14. Maybe there is some lone soul who spawns but should not aggro? I have no idea how to only spawn and kill 14 when you are aggroing 15...
  14. Prathun Developer

We believe the achievement All Must Fall has been fixed internally.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
  15. Brohg Augur

Pretty easy to not-agro the solo NE mob if you don't go get it
  16. Tour Augur

Just out of curiosity, what was the underlying issue?
  17. Prathun Developer

The notes for the fix explained that the success condition now uses a different method to make sure the adds are dead. In testing the change, I was able to receive the achievement by killing the first wave of adds quickly. The description of the original implementation sounded fine to me, but who can argue with a fix that works?
  18. Elricvonclief Augur

Thanks for the fix, Prathun!
    Hostility likes this.