Emergency Maint

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Yes, this would put things back the way they were. But, then the patch would need to be redone, and the same issues would reoccur, and need to be fixed. A simple rollback isn't the answer. Why not just rollback to day one and "fix" every problem this game ever had? The brand new TLP folks love that I guess.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

QFT

And worth remembering. The devs. do care about things.
    Fanra and Wdor like this.
  3. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

You are exactly right. Great analogy.

Some people enjoy the crying about EQ more than the playing of EQ, it seems. They would cry about being hung with a new rope because it's too itchy or something, when there are much bigger issues to consider.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Yteran Lorekeeper

I wish the developers best of luck in solving the problem...don't let the player base get to you.

They're largely cranky old men at this point.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

And do remember that the upcoming meeting of C.O.M. is coming soon. The topic of discussion will be "Why change is bad".
  6. Herf Augur

Yes, we can have emergency maintenances at twice the speed.
  7. Leerah Augur

The last person who placed an object in the GGH will have a layout saved. All she has to do is select it and click restore.

This even works when griefers from Fire*******rs mail everything back.
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Kruler Journeyman

LOL well this reminds me of when I was so desperate to get my first car and everyone no no mate its to old, to much mileage, its going to be a money pit, it called false economy.
    But no I want that old classic car, well classic ish, a 1967 Ford Zephyr bench seats so wide front and back I could squeeze 10 of my friends in to drive mind fumblingly slowly to the pub only a 15 min walk away, that could of to be fair been quicker if we actually walked.

I spent week nights, weekends just working on the thing, so it could just do that 15 minute ride to the pub, then my Dad and Mum had an intervention when they found out the 1000 pound solid gold investment of mine had drained a further 2k in parts and me messing about with it.

OH yeah my point.......Your servers are dog, the code is shot to f-ing pieces and I need a priest to bless me every time I zone just to make sure I do not re-emerge in the EQ time space continuum wearing my own has a hat, and have feet for ears.

Love you and the game though so yeah maybe get some more interns in to assist, or get rid of the version of the zx spectrum that had the integrated tape drive, it was supposed to be an upgrade, but it was dog as hell and you still had to use an external cassette player....miss you Attic Attack.
    Wdor likes this.