Embiggen Fellowship

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grooze, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Grooze New Member

Currently fellowships are limited to 12 characters. I have a ton of alts and then friends that I enjoy grouping with on a daily basis. Even a few more slots would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

make a guild, drop a banner.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

They have stated numerous times that they are not going to let fellowships become a secondary guild, and I agree with them. Carefully consider who goes into your fellowship.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Grooze New Member

That's a workaround, not a solution.
  5. Biltene Kingslayer

Your desire to increase the fellowship size doesn't require a solution. You want more people in, make or join a guild. That's the answer. I'm sorry if you don't like that answer, but there it is nonetheless.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Maedhros like this.
  6. Lisard Silly

Well, to win both sides of this argument, DPG could simply add a Clicky you can quest for / hail an NPC for that allows you to port to your guilds banner utilizing the same time restraints that the Fellowship clicky has. ultimately and finally ending this query now and forever, and providing a global solution to this conundrum.
  7. Szilent Augur

It would be good for me if fellowship membership was account based rather than character based. As a player I'm in a fellowship with other players I want to play with, I'm not RPing separate associations for each of my dollies.
    Raccoo, Gyurika Godofwar and Tatanka like this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I haven't looked at guild banners in forever, but it used to be you needed 3 groups to drop a guild banner. Is that still the case?
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Add account-to-account transfers to this thread, so we can find all the dead horses in one thread :)
    Coagagin likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, I've suggested that several times. Almost certain there are no intentions of buffing fellowships, they seem to always ignore these threads.
  11. Conq Augur

12 are required to plant a banner.
    Conq
  12. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I appreciate that you chose a perfectly cromulent word for the thread title.
    Jumbur likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fellowships were designed and built to allow individual real players with differing amounts of time to play to not become too far apart in levels & stop being able to gain XP with each other - they were not designed or built for players with dozens of alts who wanted to level-boost their alt-army with XP sharing.

So you in your situation are actually taking advantage of a system that was designed for a completely different purpose than the one you are using it for - so you don't really have a leg to stand on argument wise.

Either get used to rotating alts in & out or get used to having multiple fellowships because the devs are not going to pander to those with Alt-ism and they do not want fellowships any bigger than they already are due to a desire to not have "guilds within guilds" which at 12 already is pretty dang close to that.

Account-based fellowships would be an interesting solution to the Character limit on fellowships but creating the tech required for that is likely too expensive versus the benefit to the whole game - most players are not levelling dozens of characters and you have to bear in mind that the dev team are wary of people who do as they may well be levelling a bunch of characters to sell for RMT and that is not something Darkpaw want to encourage.

I'm a sufferer of some degree of Alt-ism myself but I never have more than 16 characters (one of each class) on any server unless they are purely mules for tradeskill items.
    Once I knew I would be transferring off Phinigel to a live server (eventually) I went to my old live server & deleted a bunch of characters in preparation - so once that happens I will be back to 16 characters there and all I did with that many was rotate characters, wasn't even mildly inconvenient.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Agreed with this.
  15. Zarkdon Augur

A better solution would be to allow you to teleport to a group without being in a fellowship in the first place.

90% of the reason zones/areas are dead is that it takes entirely too long to get places.
    Kinadorm and Tatanka like this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea people should not be reliant on grouping with the same 3 people (boxes) to allow them to have 15-min instant cast ports to nearly anywhere in zone.

Instead fellowships should be just for socializing or EXP sharing. The campfire porting should be moved to a general group feature and not tied to fellowships.
  17. Coagagin Guild house cat

From a code standpoint I can only imagine how complicated the lookups would be based on account, rather than a small database not related to accounts. Development would need to expand your potential members from 12 to what... 96 or whatever the maximum number of toons on an account can handle.

Maybe if DBG could connect to yet another external database. If this were an easy fix adding a separate DB would be 'as easy' as Dragon Horde. Something tells me this isn't as simple as firing up a new DB but I could be wrong but I doubt it.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

All true.

Which is why the post right before yours was pure gold.... move campfires to a group feature, not a fellowship feature.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While this sounds good in theory it has problems in actual practice as it would remove a lot of the need for ports/fires/banners completely as you just need to get a few people in a zone and can just manipulate groups to allow pretty much anyone to port to that spot.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Speaking as a casual who doesn't raid.... that's a problem, how?

There are enough things to do in this game which get in the way of actually PLAYING (as opposed to housekeeping, etc), why not make it easier for people to get to where they need to be.

Who cares HOW people get where they need to go. Just get them there, and ASAP.