Em18 overriding EM25 buff

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Orcen, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Orcen Elder

This seems like a bug.

Beastlord, 113, wearing a Summoner’s Conflagrant Earring, Enhanced minion 18.
    Uses 113 spell to summon a new pet, pet is level 110.

Uses the mage Summoned: Sahdi’s Emblem of the Enhanced Minion, enhanced minion 25 buff
    Uses 113 spell to summon a new pet, while still wearing the conflagrant earring, pet is level 110.

Remove earring and uses 113 spell to summon new pet while still buffed, pet is 113.
    So the EM18 earring prevents pets from being higher than 110 and prevents use of the of the EM25 buff.

It seems that the EM25 buff should overwrite wearing a lesser earring for benefits> Yes? There shouldn’t be a conflict with the EM’s.
    Raccoo likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

You would think so yes, but ditch the earring tho. It's doing nothing for you.
    And pet levels mean nothing, there are multiple focuses that result in the same level pets. There are more focuses than there are levels.
    [33185] Enhanced Minion XVIII
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Pet Power (140)
    2: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    3: Limit Min Level: 91
    Duder likes this.
  3. Duder Augur

Order of operations I imagine. The game checks worn foci before buffs, finds a match uses it, does not check further. I don’t think I’d call it a bug as such. Just one of those eq mechanical intricacies. ;)
  4. Eleven655321 New Member

I'd normally think the same thing, however I've used the Sahdi's multiple times with a Summoner's Trinket of Insecurity equipped, and it's definitely giving the buffed EM version. Might be more inline with what OP is suggesting.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

OP is casting a pet too high level for the earring focus, it could be that normally it does a rolling check except when it fails the worn focus check it just exits and stops, so the pet is summoned unfocused.