Elemental Ward Bugged?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by fransisco, Nov 26, 2013.

1. fransisco Augur

When I use the AA, I get a 1 min duration buff "elemental shield".
    Isn't this supposed to cast a 30 minute buff that will proc elemental shield if I get low life?
  2. Piemastaj Augur

No, they could not get the 'under X%' dealio to work. Similar to Mana Reserve (under 20% would 'proc' the added mana). So now when you click it you get a 1 minute duration buff.

This way imho is a much better solution and I am glad they couldn't fix them how they intended to make them work.
  3. fransisco Augur

How is this way better?
    Instead of guarding you, it only works if you know you are about to take massive damage.
  4. Falos Augur

It also heals you instantly and gives a minor heal over time. being instant cast this is a great emergency heal button against AE's or various other forms of damage. I use this AA quite a bit for defensive purposes and to avoid using a merc in older content.
  5. Piemastaj Augur

It is better because its on your terms. Not overly difficult to press 1 button to mitigate DMG.

Not to mention u can be at 60% to dead before it procs depending on the encounter, wasting your stuff. Like I said, regardless they could not get it to work. And the AA window does not even mention that in it which means someone was snooping on Beta forums lol.
  6. fransisco Augur

I don't even know how to find beta forums. Eqraidloot lists it as a 30 min buff that can proc the protective ward.
  7. Piemastaj Augur

Raidloot didn't follow the forums very well then lol.

It works exactly how the in-game description says it should, when clicked it activates a 1min shield on the Magician.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The data on Raidloot is correct. What is wrong is what is in game. I've been trying to explain this to PMJ but he doesn't seem to get it :p. Maybe someone else will understand and explain it to him for me.

[38303] Elemental Ward
    Classes: MAG/254
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 30m (300 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: SPA 443 Base1=38306 Base2=505 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Cast Once: Elemental Shield if HP Below 25 Percent
    Text: You are protected by the elements.
    This ward will trigger an elemental shield when its bearer drops below 25 percent health.

[38306] Elemental Shield
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: SPA 162 Base1=100 Base2=40000 Max=40000 Calc=100 --- Absorb Melee Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit: 40000, Total: 40000
    2: SPA 161 Base1=100 Base2=40000 Max=40000 Calc=100 --- Absorb Spell Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit: 40000, Total: 40000
    3: SPA 79 Base1=15000 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Current HP by 15000
    4: SPA 0 Base1=2000 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Current HP by 2000 per tick
    Text: Protective elements shield you from damage.
    Elements protect the bearer of this effect from melee and spell damage for up to %z or until @1 damage has been absorbed.

When you click the Elemental Ward AA button in game, it is SUPPOSED to cast the first spell. That is a 30 minute buff, that procs the second spell once you get under 25% HP. HOWEVER, they could not get the first spell to work properly, so when you click the Elemental Ward AA button in game, it ACTUALLY casts the second spell instead. The first spell is still in the spell file, so it still appears on raidloot. There are many unused spells in the file.

The name of an AA has nothing to do with the name of the spell it procs. You could name it Happy Fun Time, and it will still cast whatever spell it is set to cast. PMJ is getting hung up on the name, "The AA says Elemental Ward so it must be casting Elemental Ward, and it doesn't work the way it says on raidloot, so raidloot is wrong." This is not correct. The name of the AA doesn't matter. The AA is set to cast Elemental Shield, and it works just like it says on raidloot. If you guys don't like the fact the AA is named differently than the spell data, ask Elidroth to rename the AA so they match.
  9. Piemastaj Augur

I understand perfectly fine.

Ward should say trigger on Cast Elemental Shield. Mana Reserve should be set at 20%, not the 10% it currently shows. It is misleading, and would make sense to put the data that is being used on the site instead of saying either of this will lead to a buff which will never go in.

The way it is setup is misleading. And The percents on the spells being unused are incorrect because Elidroth and Ellyra changed them during Beta after I talked to them about the abilities.

But I am unlearned in the ways of logic and do not understand the ways of how raidloot works, I will just go on what is actually happening and what the developers actually said about the AAs. I suggest you do the same Frans.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

And as I've told you a dozen times, the parser reads whatever the spell file has in it. And it reads it correctly, (at least in this case). If it shows something incorrect, that is because it is incorrect IN THE SPELL FILE and SOE needs to fix it, not raidloot.

Spell ID 38303, Elemental Ward, DOES NOT TRIGGER ELEMENTAL SHIELD ON CAST. If I changed it to say it does, that would be wrong.

AA ID 2060, Elemental Ward, triggers Spell ID 38306, Elemental Shield, on cast. IT DOES NOT CAST SPELL ID 38303. SPELL ID 38303 IS UNUSED. IGNORE IT. PRETEND IT DOESN'T EXIST.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The same thing is happening with Mana Reserve:

[38311] Mana Reserve
    Restriction: Mana Below 10 Percent
    Duration: 30m (300 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    2: SPA 443 Base1=38312 Base2=38311 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Cast Once: Mana Reserve if Mana Below 20 Percent
    Text: You store mana in the form of colorful runes.
    This reserve will replenish #1 mana when your mana drops below 10 percent.

[38312] Mana Reserve
    Restriction: Mana Below 20 Percent
    1: SPA 358 Base1=12000 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Current Mana by 12000
    Text: You draw upon a mana reserve.

The AA is SUPPOSED to cast Spell ID 38311, which will then cast Spell ID 38312 once you get below 20% mana. However this was broken and did not work properly, so they changed the AA to cast Spell ID 38312 directly.

Spell ID 38311 is not used at all but it still exists in the spell file, so it will still show up when you search for it. Ignore it. Pretend it doesn't exist.
    Dandin likes this.