Elemental Grimoire broken?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tabidzukare, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Tabidzukare New Member

I've been hoping to explore the legacy spell research tradeskills and have been able to successfully craft Apprentice Rune (Azia) and (Beza), however, the Elemental Grimoire (I'm a mage) doesn't appear to have a 'Combine' button.

I know there is a higher level Grimoire ('Arch Magus' Grimoire), however, this was originally intended for advanced research, I've also not checked if it has a functioning 'Combine' button yet but may if this gets no feedback.

I've posed this question via an official ticket but was redirected to post on these forums instead, so: Does anyone know if the Elemental Grimoire is broken or if there is some other way of utilizing it to combine practice runes and create spells from it?

(NOTE: I am aware of the current spell research system and am not interested in it or the in-game results, I'm interested in the legacy process for the fun of it)
  2. Aanuvane Augur

Pretty sure it's not broken, that it was an intentional change when the spell research system was revamped with DoDh.

I can confirm for you that the Arch Magus Grimoire is also "just a container" now and does not have a combine button.

I can confirm for you that the legacy "* Rune (Complete)" combines appear in the Spell Research table UI.

I think you might want to try a Concordance of Research? It still has a combine button.
  3. Tabidzukare New Member

@Aanuvane
    Thank you so much for the knowledge regarding the recipe was found in the Spell Research Table UI!
    Firstly I tried combining the "* Rune (Azia/Beza)" in the Concordance (to check if they had moved all the combines over to it, since as you pointed out it's the only one of the legacy containers with a combine button) but had no luck. When combined in the Spell Research Table - I was able to combine and even rank the skill up utilizing the legacy method.

It's been a long road getting to a successful combine in the old way but I couldn't've gotten there without your help Aanuvane - tysm!

Kindest Regards,
    TABIDZUKARE