Effectiveness of this 7 box for the lazy?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mangler Snitch, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Mangler Snitch New Member

I am thinking about a different 7 box this time around with my recent purchase of laptops. Instead of the normal cleric chanter 4x mage 1x wiz I am wanting to sk 4x monk (that I can just follow on sk and auto attack with 1 assist macro on each) and trying to decide last 2 spots because I don't want to charm at all.

Main question is what two last classes and how effective compared to normal setup will that be?
  2. biohazard New Member

I would go with bard and shaman for the last 2.
  3. Numiko Augur

if you're lazy go with casters over melee, with casters you don't have to worry about positioning or facing or being in melee range at all, they are fire and forget boxes.
    Naedyin likes this.
  4. Mrjon3s Augur

Bard 3xmages enchanter cleric wizard. Really all you need is enchanter/cleric. That combo pretty much can solo everything.
  5. mark Augur

out of curiosity why 7 charecters ?
  6. Zansobar Augur

Because 7 > 6 of course!
  7. Numiko Augur

keep the cleric out of group so he can ress everyone when they wipe?
  8. Coletricklw Journeyman

What's your objective? Farming Hill giants? If not both of your setup seem silly. If you ever want to do anything interesting you're going to need a tank and a slower and a cleric. If you just want to be king of spider silks and giant Platinum then yeah I guess four monks is great
  9. Mangler Snitch New Member

Dunno just dungeon crawling, planes, whatever. Guess I *could* change over 1 of the monks just nice having easy dps.
  10. Logisticz New Member

last 2 spots you definitely want cleric and bard then you have the ability to solo any group content in the game ezpz
  11. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

I was originally 3 boxing, then went to 4, now I'm 5 boxing... but I may 6 boxing soon and this would be ideal for me.

Sk, enc, cleric, sha, wiz/dru, bard. The 7th oog char is kind of odd, but a mage comes to mind. IMO, you'd have everything. Huge aggro tank with FD, CC/enc buffs, big boy heals, best slow/sha buffs, ports/extra dmg/evac, group enhancer. Then for OOG char you could use for COTH for selling LRs.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How do you guys box multiple melee in a group without built-in automation? I'm curious on methods.
  13. Coletricklw Journeyman

Super easy. In game macro that /follows your tank then assist attacks. Just have to make sure you line your tank up right.
    Fraggly likes this.
  14. Fraggly Augur

Park all your melee stacked up, pull in front of them, tab or hotkey and hit assist or broadcast if that is your jam. It's more about tank positioning and not floundering around. Also using a snare.

How do you think this requires 3rd party help? I'm curious on ways anti-boxers think.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Only melee heavy group's I always encounter while boxing are all the same, melee run out to the back of target once tank pull comes in then they reset back to original spots.

Safe to say never seen anyone do that manual method you describe in the last three tlps.
  16. Xeris Augur

If you have melee autofollow the tank.... and then you attack a mob, and flip the mob, your autofollowed melee will be in melee range of the mob. If you utilize the basic skill of flipping a mob, which any tank should do on any mob ever, you too can multibox many melee characters without using any programs :D

If you have numpads, and you make a hotkey 1: /assist main, /pause 3, /autoattack on... all you do is: target mob w/ tank, flip mob, press the 1 key on your melee boxes... magically the mob will proceed to die :D

*edit: would not recommend doing this w/ selos, if u have rlly fast bardspeed, the autofollow doesn't always work properly, cuz the characters move too fast. normal sow is ok.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Then you weren't very observant.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. birisu Elder

or type /assist on and just use an assist macro
  19. code-zero Augur

I think that this thread inadvertently demonstrated why so many people can't tell the difference between automated play and boxing. Some people see "botters" everywhere they go, and there are botters out there don't get me wrong, those people then come to the forums and make endless posts about the bots taking over.
    Overcast451, Fraggly, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  20. Mangler Snitch New Member

Exactly. I have 2 desktops 5 laptops 6 wireless usb numpads and 10 macros on each (0-9 on numpads) and I get called a botter daily. I'm not even that good at boxing which I find amusing at what they think they are seeing.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.